One

My name is Lexi, Lexi Thompson. I'm your ordinary eighteen-year-old girl. Or rather, your normal eighteen-year-old werewolf/ shifter girl...

I'm part of the Eastern-Pack, in the Boise-Forest of Idaho. To say we have quite alot of pack members would be an understatement. Our pack is now so very strong. We are renowned.

With my dad as the Alpha of our pack and to help him, he has his Beta Liam; we have never been beaten by Rogues and other packs rarely cross our territory without prior permission. This is surprising as our territory is so large, we have 2,654,000 acres of it .

I like it though; it gives me and my best friend Liam more space to let loose on our craziness.

Beta Liam is my best friend when he isn't doing pack work, we love to hang out with each other. He loves to challenge me while we run and I normally leave him in my dust. We would climb the tallest trees and swim in the rivers with the fastest rapids. You could call us adrenaline junkies, and we probably would be if it wasn't for Liam's mate. He would always stop at a patch of wildflowers and gather them for her and he would tell me she enjoys the colours, so while he would pick the largest bouquet; I would gather a small handful for my mum.

Liam and I have been friends since preschool, I remember the day clearly, Liam stole my bike and I warned him to give it back, when he didn't; I beat the snot out of him. From that day on he would follow me like a lost puppy, he would even follow me home. Both our fathers were great friends and enjoyed watching our bond grow.

He found Kate a few months ago; she's eighteen, and he's twenty. That being said, they still act like a pair of lovesick puppies...

He told me that he came across her scent on the way back home from a meeting with his cousin at the border where our territory meets that of the Southern-Pack.

4 Months Previous
Liam's Point Of View

*FLASHBACK*

I had been running for a few minutes when I picked up the most intoxicating fragrance I have ever come across.

It was angelic and so tantalising that I needed to find it. Ironically it had already been pulling me closer to where it came from, almost like gravity.

As the scent grew stronger and I drew closer, I not only heard screaming but also a lot of feral growls. Something was wrong, so very wrong.

A clearing appeared in front of me and in it, I found seven wolves surrounding a girl who was screaming in distress. A girl which was also the origin of the scent.

The moment I laid my eyes on her, my inner wolf and I instantly knew who and what she was. Our mate.

All I remember is those emerald green eyes looking at me in seer panic, and seven revolting Rogues licking their lips and smiling. In that moment my wolf took over and his only goal being; to save our mate.

When my wolf allowed me to take control again, there were body parts scattered all around the clearing.

Those emerald green eyes had me hypnotised. I was lost and I would do anything to see them sparkle and glow with happiness. I just wanted to make sure she was safe.

Before I realised what was happening, she slowly made her way towards me as she shyly peered up at me through hooded eyes, causing an unfamiliar hunger to rise within me.

Suddenly she undressed her oversized hoodie and handed it to me. "Thank you."

"Its no problem, really." I shrugged, awkwardly scratching the back of my neck before realising I was completely stark naked.

Great, just great.

After shrugging on the hoodie, we stood in awkward silence before she finally broke it. Her voice dancing in my head, working its magic. "May I know the name of my rescuer?"

"Liam." I blanched.

"Thank you again, Liam. My name is Kate." Her voice all but a whisper in the wind.

I could no longer control myself as she suddenly smiled at me, bewitching me to my core.

Before I could grasp what I was doing, I picked her up in my arms and kissed her like my life was dependent on her, which it was.

She was the beginning and end of me, the one our Goddess bound my soul to.

*END OF FLASHBACK*

We lead a peaceful, simple life.

Not only my mate and myself, the rest of our pack lived such lives as well... But by the way the western wind blew, I knew a change would come with it.

Things would soon be so much different.

And all because of my best friend.

The first female Alpha since the Goddess.