Forty (Part I)

Lexi's Point Of View

Sweaty hands, sudden gulps and stumbling feet.

The mess I was in as I wandered the woods close to Marcus’ fortress in hopes to lure Oliver into falling for my trap.

The dagger stuck in its leather sheath that was wrapped in a cloth around my abdomen, brought me comfort.

Stephan and the rest of my new and old pack members, who agreed to help, were somewhere behind me in the distance, treading lightly without scent thanks to Sol.

My thoughts wandered to Luke... What Oliver might do to him.

Then to Max, Maeve, and Raph... If they were in a safe place where nobody could harm them.

Then to London and Evelyn... If they were treated fairly and kept fed.

Then to Stella’s family and the rest of the people who were taken... If they were even still alive.

And then finally to myself... If I was doing the right thing. If I was being a good Alpha.

I took a few more steps, the cold air biting at my neck like a bloodsucker before something even colder dragged across the same patch of skin on my neck.

“Well... Well... Aren’t you a sight to behold.” a voice breathed seductively.

“I-I’m just p-p-passing through.”

That’s it. Play it stupid.

“Passer by’s don’t smell like Alpha my dear sweet girl.” a sickening light chuckle dancing in the air.

“I-I’m Alpha born y-yes... B-but I aban-abandoned m-m-my pack. Th-the pressure... Unb-unbearable.” I lied, sticking to my fake stutter.

Although it wasn’t a lie all that much.
The pleasure was unbearable.

And I wasn’t Alpha. Yet.

I still had to be inaugurated by my pack.

“Interesting.”

“W-w-what is?"

“You being an Alpha. The last female to be Alpha was the Moon Goddess herself...” he paused before taking a deep breath and leaning his nose against my ear making me bite my lip to hide my cringe “You must be special.” he breathed, his minty cold breath dancing across the side of my face.

“Y-y-you’re co-cold.” I stuttered, shivering.

He was cold. Frighteningly cold... And I don’t mean his demeanour.

And it was annoying for an Elemental like myself. I could only heat myself and my body to a certain level before the snow beneath my shoes would melt away.

Suddenly, a figure stepped in front of me.

He was beautiful.

So tantalisingly beautiful, I could not help the gasp escaping between my lips.
Pale skin. Deep blue eyes. Plush pink lips and the whitest head of hair.

Exotic.

“Come with me.” he smirked, his eyes daring me as he reached out a hand from the inside of his coat.

“B-b-but I don’t even k-know your n-na-name.” I smiled shyly. Lie.

“Oliver.” He bowed, grabbing my hand before yanking me forward, dragging me behind him as he treaded through the snow towards the fortress.

That’s it... Take me to my mate.

He took a glance at me and suddenly my wrists felt ice cold. Colder than the ice I could bend and create.