Chapter 15

___________________

"Pancakes!" I yelled as Austin placed a plate stacked with pancakes in front of me. I started smiling big and jumping in my chair. I love pancakes!

"Calm down Scarlett!" Austin chuckled.

"Sorry! I'm just like... I love pancakes!" I said.

"Alrighty then." He said sitting down in the chair across me.

"What are we doing today?" I asked with curiosity in my voice.

"I'm taking you somewhere..."

I tilted my head in confusion. "Somewhere? Where is that somewhere?"

"You'll see." He said winking before chewing on the pancakes.

"Can you pass me the butter please!" I said pouting. Austin chuckled and nodded, he handed me the butter and I placed some on my pancakes. They tasted so good, especially since they had some chocolate chips in them. We ate the pancakes in silence while Austin was on his phone doing something.

My phone vibrated on the table making me jump. Austin laughed and I glared at him. He stared at the phone seeing if I would see who it was. I lifted it up and read the message.

Hey babe. Sorry for not texting you the past few days. I was busy.... Doing stuff and going to my... cousins house. Anyways, I just wanted to say good morning! And that I love you so much! No one will ever love you as much as I do. I love you babe. Stay safe. I'll see you in a few hours! ~Brandon

My jaw dropped and Austin looked at me, confused. "Who is it?" Austin asked. I opened my mouth to speak but I couldn't. How could Brandon say he loves me when he goes behind my back kissing Hilary?

"B-Brandon said he l-lov.... loves me." I said tears running down my cheek.

"Why are you crying?" He asked running his hands through my hair while hugging me.

"Because I don't know if I should break up with him. I-I..."

"What?" Austin asked.

"I-I still have feelings for him..."

Austin's eyes began to show sadness and anger. "Why him?" He asked in a soft voice, I could almost hear the hurt in his voice.

"I don't know." I said looking down.

"This is wrong." He said before standing up and leaving me alone in the kitchen.

I ran after him, he was walking up the stairs and I could hear him crying. "Austin." I muttered. He gasped and turned around. His eyes were red and so was his nose and cheeks. Tears were rolling down his cheek.

He wiped them away quickly, "W-What?"

"Why are you crying?" I asked walking up to him, now where were standing a few inches apart.

"Leave." He hissed. I was surprised at his sudden mood change.

"Why?" I asked, I was so confused at this point. Why was he crying? Was it because I said I loved Brandon and not him?

"Just leave! Now!" He yelled causing me to flinch.

I shook my head and caressed his cheek with my hand. "Austin please don't cry."

He clenched his fists and pushed me down the stairs. I groaned, I was lying on my back and my whole body was hurting. I tried to get up but when I moved a shot of pain would go all over my body. Austin's face softened and he ran down to me.

"Omg.. Scarlett, I'm-I'm so sorry." Austin said.

I looked away from his eyes and stood up carefully.