Chapter 23

____

**Scarlett's POV**

I woke up to the sun blinding me. I remembered it was Saturday, I sighed and got up. I closed the blinds a little and then I went to the bathroom. I grabbed my towel and then I placed it on the rack by the shower. I then got inside the shower and adjusted the temperature of the water. I took off my clothes and the warm water hit my body. I bit my lip and ran my fingers through my hair. As it got soaked by the water.

After taking a fifteen minute long shower, I got out and brushed my teeth.

I blow dried my hair and then brushed it with my hair brush. I got my leggings and my mid thigh length sweater. That was grey and had a white heart in the middle. I then got my red beanie that Austin had gotten me a while ago. Then I put them on and placed on my black combat boots. I went downstairs and no one was awake yet. I checked the clock and it was 9:50 a.m. I sighed and put on my black sweater and went out for a walk down town. I decided to go to Starbucks and buy a frappuccino. It was a bit chilly. The wind kept blowing in my face and making my hair go in front of my face. Some cars passed by honking. And I saw a couple walking on the opposite sidewalk from me. And they kissed as they held hands. My heart skipped a beat because I wanted to see Austin and do the same thing with him.

Once I got downtown, I walked towards the Starbucks. There were cars beeping as some people were trying to find parking. There wasn't much people out right now, but I could see some people walking through out the park. I entered the Starbucks and I got in line waiting for the barista to take my order. Once the people who were in front of me ordered their drinks, it was my turn.

"Good morning, what would you like?" The barista asked with a wide smile on her face. She seemed to be 22, she had brownish hair and she also had chocolatey brown eyes.

"Good morning to you two. And I would like a large caramel frappuccino please."

"Sure no problem. Anything else?" She asked.

"Um.. I'll also would like to have, a cinnamon roll."

"Okay. That'll be 7.58." She said as she typed something on the computer. I nodded as I handed her the money. She grabbed it and gave me the change.

"You're order will be up in a few minutes." She said as she walked away and began to make my frappe.

I sat down on a booth as I waited for my frappe to be made. A few more people entered, and each time someone entered. The bells by the door, always chimed. And the cold from outside always got in and I shivered each time the wind blew on me. The barista told me my order was up. So I stood up and grabbed it and thanked her. I sat down on the booth and drank my frappe and ate my cinnamon roll. I was going to go for a walk while drinking my frappe, but it was too cold for a walk. So I stayed inside the Starbucks. The bell chimed and I looked up. And my heart stopped. I can't believe what I was seeing.

It was Brandon. Yes Brandon. The guy who I left for Austin, the guy who cheated on me with the same girl Austin cheated on me with. The guy who made me go through more crap. But this time, he was by himself. He looked around the restaurant. And then our eyes meet. Keeping our eyes locked together. It was like speaking, but only with our eyes. I could see he was tired. He had bags under his eyes. And he was wearing jogger pants with a college sweater. His hair was messy. I didn't realize that he was walking towards me. I freaked out and spranged from my chair and ran past him. I pushed the door opened roughly. And ran as fast as I could. A car beeped loudly at me because I made the guy in the car, press on the gas pedal to rough. Making his car go front and back. I mouthed a sorry, and then once I got to the sidewalk, I stopped running. And I breathed in and out. Trying to catch some air.