Chapter 12

____________________

"Where are we going?" I asked Brandon with curiosity.

"It's a surprise." He said grinning. I pouted and looked out the window.

Brandon was driving me somewhere, but I had no clue to where.

"Please tell me! I want to know!" I shouted like a little kid.

"No! Stop being so anxious! It's a surprise!" He yelled back. I laughed at how immature we were acting and Brandon cracked a smile.

"I love you Scarlett..." He cooed.

"I love you Brandon..." I cooed back. He smiled and kissed my cheek quickly before looking back to the road.

It was getting so hot in the car I put on the air conditioner to cool me off. California is always so hot, and even to hot for me. Yeah, I like the warm but sometimes it can get too hot and I hate sweating. But the good thing is I get to go to the beach more often because of the weather.

After minutes of driving, Brandon handed me a bandana demanding me to wrap it around my eyes, so I couldn't see anything. I refused a couple of times until he told me he would buy me candy. Of course I would say yes for candy! I wrapped it around my eyes until I couldn't see anything but darkness. I heard my door opened until Brandon slide his arm around my waist leading me to somewhere.

We kept walking until we stopped. "Hello? Brandon?"

"Take off the bandana." He said from far away.

I took it off, and there was a table with a rose in the middle in a vase. There was a red cloth going over the table, and two dinner plates where placed in from of two chairs. I stood there in awe.

"Brandon! This is.. This is.. OMG! This is amazing! Thank you!" I said running to him and wrapping my arms around his neck and hugging him. He chuckled and I gave him a squeeze.

"Ok! Need. Air!"

"Sorry... But thank you! Really Brandon, nobody has ever done this for me. Ever.." I said trying to hold back tears as I remembered about Austin, and how he never really took me out on a real date.

"I did it all for you babe." He said giving a peck on my lips. I smiled and he walked me over to a chair.

I sat down and he sat on his seat. There was a thing covering the plate so really couldn't see what was inside or what he had cooked for me. I then slowly lifted it up and I sat there shocked . Everything on the plate looked so delicious. There was pasta, a salad, a piece of bread with butter and chicken. And then there was a tall glass of soda.

"This is amazing Brandon. Thank you so much." I said smiling.

"Anything for my love." He said smiling. I chuckled and blushed.

We began eating our foods and Brandon told me more things about his parents jobs, and he also told me about other things that I could do in California. I told him I really wanted to go to the San Diego zoo.

"Don't worry I'll take you to the zoo someday." He said winking.

"Ok. I can't wait." I said winking back. We both laughed and I had a really good for the first time in my life.

I felt like Austin really didn't do much in our relationship. It's more like he didn't care at all, and it was just all a game for him. It really hurt me when I remember about Austin, and how happy he probably is with Hilary. But I'm actually happy right now, with Brandon. And I won't give a damn about anything that involves Austin.

"Scarlett? Are you okay babe?" Brandon asked softly. I looked up at him and then I noticed I was crying when a tear reached my top lip. I licked it and tasted the saltiness of my tears.