Chapter 21

____

Austin drove me back home. Going to the arcade was fun, it made me relax and just have fun with my boyfriend and his friends. The lights were out when I got home, and I felt kinda bad that I haven't been hanging out with my mom nor Jacob since we got back from California. I made a note to myself; Tomorrow, go out dinning with mother and brother. Maybe it'll work, maybe we can all have fun and talk and also eat the delicious food of the restaurant. One thing that made me groan and wanna make me grab my hair and rip it out of my head. It was school. I return back to my school. I have to go back to the ratchet school I used to go to before I left to California. And the thought of maybe, just maybe, of Hilary being there. And her little 'crew'.

I sighed loudly and screamed into my pillow. My screams were muffled by the pillow, but I continued screaming.

After screaming for nine hours.. (Note the sarcasm)

I changed into my pajamas. I also, brushed my teeth and hair and then I laid on my bed. I got a book from the side table and read it. Maybe this might get me off of things..

~*~

I woke up the next morning, when I sat up, I got a pain in my back and arm.

"Oww." I mutter under my breath as I clutched my arm.

The door opened, and my mom stepped in. She smiled when she saw me.

"Good morning Scarlett. Ready for your first day of school since we got here?" She asked like any other mother would do.

"No.. Not really." I answered.

"Awe why? Austin is going to be there." She said chuckling.

I smiled and chuckled lightly, "Yeah I know.. But I just don't want to school!" I groaned.

"Yeah keep up with that attitude, Austin will love you!!" She yelled sarcastically.

I rolled my eyes and told her to leave and she did. I sighed as I walked to the bathroom and did all the girl things. I literally hate my life. And school is child abuse, I'm not joking.

After changing into comfortable clothes. I grabbed my new notebooks and stuffed them into my book bag. I went downstairs and my mom was cooking eggs with toast. She put on some grape jelly and butter on the toast and then she placed a plate of toast in eggs in front of me. It smelled good and I breathed in the smell of the food. My mom sat next to me and she took out her phone. She was texting someone.. And on the contact it said Sam. So I guess it was a boy or girl. I furrowed my eyebrows together and focused on my mother conversation with Sam. I know, it was very stalkerish and rude for me to be reading her text messages. But hey! I'm her daughter and I should look out for my mother also like she does for me.

My moms conversation with Sam went a little like this...

Sam: Hey, I haven't seen you in like twelve hours and I already miss you! ):

Mom: Awe your so sweet.

Sam: I know, that's how you fell in love with me haha.

Mom: You're so crazy haha

Sam: I'll see you tonight. Can't wait to see you, bye (;

Mom: Bye, can't wait to see you also!

Very weird conversation.. Who was Sam anyways? And, when did mom meet him? So many questions filled my mind, I didn't notice my mom was talking to me.

"And Jacob almost fell over the swing. It was so funny." My mother said laughing. I shook my head and stared at her confused. What was she talking about?