Day 22 In Battle Side by Side

This shouldn't be too hard since they're countries. I'll think of something. I'm writing this on the computer that only works when it's plugged in. Since this has no autocorrect there will probably be spelling errors and stuff. Also these chapters will have no relation to the others, especially not this one.

It finally happened. Veneziano and I got into a massive fight and we're now at war. Of course the potato bastard joined, and since they're countries will merge in a matter of days they had no other choice. I needed all of the support I could get but my only allies in this are Spain and France because the Bad Touch Trio to them was more than something to do when they're bored. Prussia is no longer able to fight due to the fact that he isn't a country. So basically it was Veneziano, Germany, Austria and Hungary since they're pretty much related to the potato bastard against me, Spain and France. I'm screwed.

It all started in the year 20XX when I was entirely against my brother marrying the potato bastard.

"You can't marry that fucking bastard." I said in a firm tone, doing everything in my power to keep them apart.

"Why not? I love him. Why can't you just accept that?" My little brother asked begging me to be happy for him.

"I remember how you acted when that other boy broke his promise and never came back to you. You were heartbroken, absolutely devastated. I couldn't bare to see you like that. Not again." I said, my voice still firm but yet dramatically softer. I can't forget the look of pain he wore on his face once he found out that the boy wasn't coming back.

"Germany won't leave me! I won't let him." He said in a pleading voice. I could already tell, he wasn't going down without a fight.

"I can't let you take that risk. I'm sorry I just can't." I said in a tone that wasn't firm but emotional.

"I see what this is coming to. I'm sorry but I need to do this, there is no clear way of avoiding it. I'm declaring war on you." My northern half said sounding truly sorry. I saw it coming too but didn't want to come to that. It works since we have a separate military. Why though, did we resort to this?

Now here I was, preparing for war against my brother. As I slipped on my boots, Spain said to me "I know this is hard for you, but I'm here for you and I will protect you no matter the cost."

"Um. Thank you. I appreciate it much more than you might think." I said, honestly grateful to have someone on my side.

Spain and I marched up to the battle front, my soldiers marching in sync behind me, some with tanks some on horses, but most marching on foot. The Spanish followed closely behind in the same fashion. I let out a battle cry, loud and proud. Nothing could defeat me, not now.

As I marched up the hill to my brother, I felt a surge of what was almost guilt. I realized that I would have to hurt my brother. I can't do that. We're fighting to avoid his heartbreak. If either of us die, the other would have to deal with the pain of a lost brother. It's too late to turn back now.

I approached my brother, expecting the worst. I could tell Veneziano had realized the same thing based on the look on his face which only made a brief appearance before disappearing.

"Hello, brother. I see you actually showed up." Veneziano said. When he's in a serious battle, he isn't weak or useless. He opens his eyes and gets tough. How else do you think he beat Turkey when he was strong? This is World War 4, a bigger reason to toughen up.

Although he was wearing his regular uniform, he looked much stronger than usual. He was on his horse, and had a sword attached to his belt. He adjusted his arm for easier access to the sword. He wouldn't do anything to hurt me yet. Would he? I've seen him at war with other countries and he wouldn't severely injure them until it really counts.

I was wrong. He took his sword and slashed me right across the chest. I immediately fell to the ground. There was blood everywhere and I hate that. That's when Spain ran up to me and started crying quietly.

"I'm so sorry. I didn't think anything major would happen. It's all my fault. I didn't protect you. It's my fault that you're in this condition. I'll take you to safety right away." Spain said through his tears. He picked me up from the ground bridal style and ran to the nearest ambulance. Spain ran through all of the people going in the opposite direction when we ran into France who was leading his troops.

"You're gonna have to do this alone. Northern Italy is more viscous than usual. He attacked Roma before I could even catch up." Spain said to France.

"I'll do it. I didn't think he was this insane. I'll become more scary too." France responded, accepting the challenge with pride and dignity.

Germany's POV

I was attacking soldiers left and right with my own two hands. They were coming at such a fast rate, I didn't have time to grab my gun which was slung across my back.

Meanwhile Italy with his sword over there was crazy. I've seen him being useful in battle, but he is a madman today. He nearly killed his own brother, probably without a second thought.

I on the other hand could never do anything extreme to my brother. All of those good times together, all of the things he taught me. He was taken from me one day, which was the worst day of my life.

I quickly felt a sharp pain in my chest during that flashback. France was holding a sword that went through my upper body. I quickly fell to the ground as Italy regained his common sense. He ran over to me, realizing what happened.

"Oh my goodness. Are you okay? Did I do a good job fighting?" Italy asked me.

"You did great. I don't think I'll make it. Please, go on without me." I said. I could see myself walking towards the bright light, but not before seeing my last sight, Italy crying over me. Now I'll get to see my brother again.

Spain's POV

I was in the waiting room outside of Romano's hospital room. Luckily he only had a deep flesh wound which could have been much worse considering where he was struck. The doctors told me that he'll only need stitches, but I still worry.

Romano then walked out of the room he was in. I couldn't help but hold him in a tight embrace, which was hard because of his stitches. For now I'm just happy having my Romano back.

North Italy's POV

I have nothing left. The one I was fighting this war for is dead. All because of the Frenchman in front of me. I screamed and took a sword from one of the dead soldiers on the ground and thrusted it into France's chest, making sure he was dead.

Austria and Hungary were off, fighting somewhere else. There were still a few opposing soldiers not far from where I was. I took a large piece of white cloth on the ground and a stick and resorted to making a white flag. I waved it in the air, and in every language I know, I yelled out "I SURRENDER!" I wanted everyone in the universe to know that I have no reason for fighting anymore so I quit.

I hope Romano can forgive me. I don't know anymore. I lost my sanity back there and I nearly killed him. What would I say "Hey, Romano. I'm sorry for almost killing you back there."

Holy tomatoes. That was a long chapter. I'm late for this chapter by an hour and a half. This had a lot of GerIta probably more of that than Spamano. I want to know how I am at writing feelsy stuff because if this is anything it's angst/feels. Now my hand hurts from all of this typing.