Sirens

After the gun shots stopped I looked around and then looked over at cameron. I was relieved to see him looking back at me. I stood up wiping dirt from off of my clothes then held out my hand to help Cameron up. He struggled to stand up then let out a gasp holding onto his side. Blood began to seep through his white t-shirt and onto his fingers as he held the wound. My eyes widened and his began to close as fell into me.

I panicked trying to lift him up and my heart began to speed up. My knees couldnt hold anymore and buckeled beneath me. I held him in my arms as sitting on the ground not knowing what to do. I quickly remembered that I had my phone in my purse and began to dial 911. The blood continued to pour from his body and onto my shirt.

"Stay awake Cameron!" I screamed. The operator picked up.

"911, whats your emergency?"

"Please! Help me! My friend- my friend Cameron he's been shot!" I studdered and stumbled on my words because I was shocked. I was told to look over at the street sign and I told her where we were at. She said she's sending an ambulance over to my location. I sobbed as holding cameron in my arms running my bloody fingers through his nappy curly hair. His eyes were still blinking but he wasn't speaking. He just stared back at me as tears rolled down my face. He tried to wipe one away with his bloody thumb but I stopped him.

A little girl and boy then ran up to us and let out a scream. "Mommy!" the little girl yelled as running away. I watched as the little boy slowly walked up to me too afraid to speak. I looked back down at Cameron and continued to cry.

I then heard sirens and I knew they were for us. My hands shaked as I continued to run my fingers through Cameron's hair. The ambulance pulled up and so did multiple cop cars. They quickly ran over to me bringing a hospital bed from out of the truck. An officer helped me up once they took Cameron out of my hands, I almost didnt let him go. I quickly got up wiping the tears from my eyes with the back of my hand. I got into the ambulance with Cameron as they closed the door behind me. The paramedics were frantically putting a pump over his mouth and checking his vitals. I just sat there trying to stay out of their way.