Least Romantic Place

Once I got home I saw Cameron sitting on my step. He looked nervous and quickly stood up when he saw me walking towards him. A gang of young drug dealers sat across the street watching us. He took my hand and we began to walk together. We talked about aliens and our beliefs. He told me how much he missed me and wanted to see me more. We walked for about an hour before I realized that the sun was setting and that we were on the complete other side of town. We sat down on the curb and he looked at me smiling.

"I got something to tell you" Cameron began. "Promise you wont get mad"

"I cant make any promises Cameron." I replied.

"You know, you're the only one that doesn't call me Cam or Camri." he said as laughing.

"Is that what you wanted to tell me?"

"I cant visit you like that anymore. The niggas around there aint really all that cool with my gang. So I was thinking- "

"Wait what? Cameron, are you beefing with them niggas across the street?"

"Nah, not with me-"

"Then with who?! Is that why you got shot?!"

"Look Anastasia. My gang got twisted up in some shit they shouldnt have and- and I dont know shit just got out of hand."

"And is that how you ended up getting shot?!"

"It doesnt matter! All that I know is Im not allowed back in your neighbourhood, but I wanna keep seeing you."

"I cant see you if you're just gonna put me in danger."

"Im not trying to! Thats why Im telling you to come to my crib from now on!"

"Fuck that shit Cameron!" I yelled then quickly got up and began walking. Cameron grabbed my arm but I pulled away. He pulled me into his chest and I began to hit him. He grabbed my face and began to kiss me, I stopped struggling, I stopped fighting. I kissed him back and when we were done kissing I stared up into his bold brown eyes. I stood on my toes and gave him another peck. He smiled at me then hugged me resting his chin on my head. I breathed in his cologne and closed my eyes hoping the moment would last forever.

He kissed my forehead then grabbed my hand and we began to walk again. Once we got down the street from my house he let my hand go and said goodbye. He told me to meet him at the factory tomorrow. It was the leasst romantic spot ever but I didn't care, as long as I got to see him.

As walking to my house I kept turning around just to see him watching me to make sure I got in the house safely. His smile never left his face and neither did mines. I was happy.