Surprises

Once I woke up, I realized that I had so many unanswered questions to ask Cameron. I was worried about my safety, but more importantly his. Cameron was complicated and angry, but also kind-hearted and caring. Yet he was another project that I felt the need to work on. What was my problem? Always falling for these problematic guys who have nothing but stress to offer. I always thought that I could save them and change who they are and make them a better person when the truth is that I cant help anyone who doesnt want to help themselves. I learned that the hard way, but atleast I learned my lesson. Cameron made me so happy but I also know that he can make me sad and angry and just so emotional. So I was left with one question "is it worth it?"

Love itself was complicated. I knew that loving someone meant sacrificing and throwing away some of my wants to give someone else what they needed. I've always taken care of others and always loved and gave my all to everyone but myself.

So many thoughts and outcomes ran through my head until my phone interrupted them. I was glad that I was now distracted, all I was worrying about was things that were probably never going to be a problem. I looked down at my phone to see Cameron calling. A smile grew on my face and I quickly answered before it went to voicemail.

"What do you want Cameron?" I jokingly answered.

We had such a deep conversation. I like talking to people over the phone much better than in person. I dont have to worry about how I look or if my teeth are white enough or about what Im wearing or about my actions. I could be wearing a t-shirt with a face mask on and he'd think I was looking sexy if I told him I was.

I rolled over on my side giggling at his jokes. I looked over at my clock and it read '2:24 am'.

"Cameron I gotta go to bed. I got school in the morning" I said.

"Noooo, just one more hour pleaseee?" He begged.

"I still have to get in the shower and do my homework"

"Can I come and assist you with both?"

"Dont be a fuckboy. Now goodnight."

"I dont know if this is right to say, but I love you"

My eyes grew wide. Seriously how could he say that?! And why now?! Dumb ass. I quickly hung up.

I then heard a knock on the door and quickly got scared. I looked out the peep hole to see my dad standing there.