Not Afraid

🌹 2 Weeks Later 🌹

"I'm truly afraid to be happy, because every time I'm happy something goes wrong. Something ends my smiles and turns it into tears. Maybe I'm not meant to be truly genuinely happy. Maybe all the people around me would be better off with me hurting. Everyone comes to me seeking comfort and advice but I can't help anyone. I can barely help myself. I need guidance I need advice and love and help. I need help. I can't do this alone anymore." I said as tears rolled down my face. I quickly wiped them away with the back of my hand. The girl that's scared of curse words handed me a tissue and I forced a smile at her.

"I wasn't going to get out of bed today. I was going to sleep to escape my reality. I always wake up hoping that this was all just a dream but it isn't. So I dream my days away." I said as my voice broke.

Daniel rolled his eyes as the rest of the group stared at me clearly absorbing my sadness.

"Wow Ana. I am so sorry you had to go through that." The therapist running the group said.

"I don't want your sympathy. I want advice. I want to know how to cope with this." I replied as wiping my tears with the tissue.

"Stop sleeping the days away" the girl scared of curse words said breaking the silence.

"Talia-" the therapist said.

"No really. Stop sleeping all day before it becomes a habit. Forcing yourself up is the first step and you already did that. You're clearly here which is awesomeeee. Now all you have to do is do the same thing tomorrow. Then just find something to distract you. Paint, write, do anything to keep your mind busy." Talia said as smiling.

Wow, that actually sounds like it can work. The girl scared of curse words is actually pretty smart. I smiled and nodded.

"I'll try." I replied as smiling. She smiled back and nodded.

________________________________________________________________________

Super short part but I needed a set up 👀