Chapter 2

"What is it?" She says concerned. Even though my mom and I are really close I haven't told her a lot about Dylan. And it's strange but that's not what I wanted to talk about.

"I wanted to talk to you about boarding school. It's pretty far away but I really want to go. I really want this to happen," I say and my mom looks up at me.

"Do you really want this?" She asks.

"More than anything," I say.

"If this is what you really want then I say you do it but I honestly don't think we have the money for it."

"That's the thing," I say smiling. "They're interviewing people like me, people who could really use a second chance, all around the country and they're choosing one to join next semester at no cost. They pay for your flight there and back if you aren't chosen. I mean it's worth a chance am I right? Wouldn't you take the chance if you were me?"

"I would. And I think it's a great idea. If you want this, I want this for you. Now go get packing," she says as I squeal with happiness and run into my room to start packing.

-------

"Boarding school huh?" Ramona says as she helps me pack.

"I know right, I didn't even go to class half the time last year and now I might be going to this huge fancy school. I'm not saying I'm going to get in or anything, but I'm really going to miss you," I say shoving a pair of boots into my black suitcase.

"The feeling is mutual. And I have no doubt that you'll get in, you're like the smartest person in this town," Ramona grabs another pair of shoes and hands them to me. "You'll need these for those hot private school boys."

"Let's hope," I laugh and walk over to my dresser. "I can't believe I leave tomorrow. I wish I had more time to spend with you and everyone else."

"How did Dylan take the news?" Ramona asks.

"He doesn't know," I say and pull out a pair of jeans. "Should I bring these?" I hold the jeans up beside me so Ramona can see.

"Hell no. Those give you granny ass. Where's the one's I gave you?" Ramona walks over to my dresser and pushes through the drawers of clothes.

"You know I had those somewhat organized before you came over here," I watch as she pulls out a pair of light wash jeans she gave me a couple years ago for my birthday. "Are you serious? I probably gained twenty pounds since you gave those to me."

"Oh please. You probably lost twenty pounds. Now put them on," Ramona throws the jeans at me and I walk out to the hallway bathroom. I close the door quietly behind me then put on the jeans. I look at myself in the mirror and then walk back to my room.

"Oh yeah those will definitely attract those private school boys," Ramona says and I look at my suitcases which now overflowing with some of my nicest clothes.

"What is that?" I question.

"The clothes you're taking," Ramona says and throws another pair of jeans on top of the pile.

"How am I supposed to get my suitcase closed now?" I laugh and Ramona shrugs her shoulders.

"You'll figure it out. I have to go. Good luck," Ramona says and gives me a hug before she walks out of my room. I walk over to my suitcase and take out half of the clothes that Ramona had packed then zip it shut.

"Boarding school here I come," I say nervously.