Chapter 7

Emily's pov

"Here's your bag," I say approaching Noah and throw his bag by his feet then turn to walk to the bleachers where I told Raven to wait for me.

"Hey," Noah says quickly walking up behind me. He grabs my wrist softly and I turn around. "What's wrong."

"Nothing. I'm just a little tired that's all. Now go get ready for your game, they're starting to warm up." I smile slightly then turn around and start walking again.

"I'm not going out there until you tell me what's going on." Noah walks along side me.

"Fine, Austin and I got in another stupid fight. Now go win your game." I smile and he looks back at the field.

"I can miss the game if you need to talk," Noah offers.

"We can talk after," I say and he gives me a smile and then returns to the field.

-------

"It's starting," Raven says enthusiastically as the game starts. The players start walking out onto the field and number thirty-eight, Asher, waves at the stands and I smile at Raven.

"I think he's waving at you," I laugh and she starts laughing as well.

-------

"Woohoo!" I shout as Asher scores a touchdown. "The game is practically over now. We're so far ahead." The timer ran to zero and our team won the game. "Let's go congratulate them!" Raven and I run down the bleachers and down to the field.

"My girl!" Asher shouts running up to me. "Thanks for coming guys." Asher wipes his sweaty hair all over me as he usually does and then looks at Raven. "You want some?"

"Oh, I'm fine," Raven laughs and Asher wipes some sweat from his forehead and rubs it on Raven's arm.

"Gross!" She shouts and runs over to the fence.

"Thanks again for coming, and thanks for bringing Raven," Asher says wrapping his sweaty arm around me and leading me over to Noah and his other friends.

"Hey," I say entering their circle with Asher.

"Hey Em," Connor says giving me a smile.

"Are you coming to the celebration?" Bradley asks me. "It's going to be awesome."

"I guess so," I smile and wave Raven to come over. "If Raven is up for it."

"Is that the contest winner?" Nathan asks and looks at Raven as she walks over.

"Yep. She's my roommate," I say and Raven stands beside me.

"Hey," She says.

"Hey Ash, that's the girl you ran into," Isaac says laughing.

"That's me," Raven laughs.

"Em, can I talk to you?" Noah looks over at me with a serious look on his face.

"Uh yeah, is something wrong," I ask as he pulls me aside.

"Yes, your boyfriend is an ass. You really don't deserve his shit," Noah says angrily. "He can't even let you have a friend without getting jealous."

"He's a good guy Noah, he just, he has a good reason to worry. He knows about us, what we used to be, how we used to feel about each other," I say.

"Used to?" He questions. "I never stopped feeling that way about you. I can't stand seeing you with him. He's just not right for you."

"We can't be together Noah." I say and start to walk away but he pulls me back and smashes his lips onto mine. I push him away and walk back to Raven and the guys.

Raven's pov

He kissed her. He kissed Emily. I look away from them and back to the group as Emily starts walking this way.

"That little shit," Asher says angrily. "Em."

"Don't." Emily says grabbing her jacket off the ground where she left it and starts to walk away. "I don't want to talk about it." Asher catches up to her and starts walking with her.

"Well," one of the guys says. "I guess we should get changed and head over to Connor and Isaac's apartment for the celebration."

"You live in an apartment? I thought you had to live in the dorms?" I question.

"You can live anywhere as long as you attend classes," one of the other guys says.

"Cool," I say and everyone says goodbyes or see you laters and I start to walk back to the girls dorm building.

"Hey you," a girl says from behind me as I'm about halfway to the dorms. "Girl from the coffee shop with Emily."

"What," I say turning around. "Chelsea right?"

"Why so grumpy?" She laughs and then gives me a fake smile.

"Bye," I say and walk backs towards the dorms.

"Talk to you later then," Chelsea shouts as I continue to walk away.

"You can talk, but I won't listen," I shout back and then continue on my way.

-------

When I get inside the dorm Emily isn't there so I get undressed and then put on pajamas and climb into bed. I'm almost asleep when my phone buzzes on the nightstand. I pick it up to see a text from Dylan.

Dylan: I asked your mom where you went. She told me everything. Did you really think you could just run away? I'll see you tomorrow babe. :)