Chapter 3

"Bye mom," I say giving my mom a hug. I walk up to the woman who's taking the tickets and hand her my completely paid for ticket thanks to The Grovers Academy of Excellence.

"Enjoy your flight," she says and I look back at my mom who's smiling and waving at me. I give her a smile back and walk into the little hallway leading to the plane and get ready for take off.

-------

"Please exit at the front of the plane to the left," someone says and I open my eyes quickly and see that we've already landed and I've slept the whole way. I usually never sleep in planes or even on car rides.

After I get out of the plane and walk down to where the baggage claim is, I grab my bag then start to walk over to the exit until I see a sign with my name on it. I walk over to the man holding the sign. "Uhm, my name is on that sign," I say confused.

"Are you here to be interviewed by the administrator of the Grovers Academy of Excellence?" The man asks and I nod my head yes. "Then your ride is waiting out front. Follow me."

"I could get used to this," I say so no one but myself can hear.

"What was that?" The man asks politely.

"Oh nothing I was talking to myself," I say and smile.

-------

After a pretty long drive we start to pull into a gated place and I see a huge stone building emerge from the trees. We pull up in front of it as I stare in amazement.

"You'll be going to conference room 2a," the man who was holding the sign says. "Good luck."

"Thank you," I say and someone from outside hands me my bag. I grab it and walk up to what I'm assuming is the front door of the huge building.

"Hello, my name is Emily and I'm a volunteer for the program can I help you with anything?" A really pretty girl with light brown hair says.

"Oh, um where am I supposed to go for this interview?" I ask.

"Oh right over here," she says and leads me into a hallway. "What's your name?"

"Raven James," I say and she takes a piece of paper out of her jeans and looks at it.

"You're the last person being interviewed," she says. "I was surprised when I heard only thirty people entered the contest."

"Only thirty?" I say surprised.

"Yeah. Which is actually good because we only have like thirty six rooms open that you guys could stay in while you wait for the results of the contest," She says and stops walking once we reach a door with a number two on it. "This is the room."

"Thanks," I say and she walks back down the hallway. I knock on the door and I here a voice say 'come in' from inside. I open the door cautiously and walk in with a smile on my face.

"Are you miss Raven James?" A man at the head of a long table wearing a black suit asks me.

"I am," I say standing there awkwardly in my hoodie and sweats.

"Please take a seat," he says and I set my bag near the door and walk over to a chair closer to him and sit down. "I'm Dale Grovers, the head administrator, and I'll be interviewing you."

"Nice to meet you," I say smiling nervously.

"Let's get started," he says.