Chapter 8

"I had so much fun at the movies with you Dylan." I say as we walk through his front door holding his hand.

"Me too." He looks down and smiles at me. As we walk further into the house we discover scattered beer bottles all over, some broken, some still intact.

"What the hell?" I say and look up from the bottles on the ground to Dylan's dad who was drinking from another bottle. He finished the bottle then threw it down and it shattered.

"I'm tired of your shit Molly!" He yells and I look down to see Dylan's mom on the ground unconscious with bruises and cuts all over her.

"You." Dylan says sprinting at his father. Dylan was strong but his dad was stronger. His dad kicked and punched him and as soon as he could Dylan got away and ran towards me. "Let's go." He grabbed my hand and we ran out the door. We ran all the way to the motel down the street. Dylan paid for a room and he took me to the room and closed the door behind us. He pushed me into the bed and started kissing me.

"Stop." I say trying to push him away. He didn't listen which surprised me because he never pushed me to do anything. "Stop." I said louder but he didn't stop that time either.

That was the first time. The first time he didn't listen to me. The first time he did something to me I didn't want done. The first of many to come.

-------

I wake up in the morning with sweat all over me and my pillow. I look at my phone to make sure the text wasn't a part of the dream as well but there it was. Welcoming me on my lock screen. I look around and see if Emily is there. She isn't so I climb out of my bed and head into the bathroom for a shower.

Emily's pov

"Em." Asher says and sits on his bed beside me. "It's morning."

"Thanks for letting me stay, I didn't want to go to my room and have Noah show up." I say and he gives me a smile.

"You want me to walk you back?" He offers and stands up so I can climb out.

"If you don't have anything else to do." I smile and grab my phone off his nightstand.

"I'm going to kill him." Asher says grabbing his phone as well.

"I just can't believe he would even think of pulling a stunt like that." I roll my eyes. "I didn't even tell Raven where I went."

"I'm sure she won't mind." We walk out of his apartment and the one and only person I didn't want to see was standing in the hallway.

"Em, I went to your dorm but you weren't there, I assumed you were here." Noah says. "Why are you running from me?"

"Because you do things like yesterday. You kissed me." I say and Asher closes his door behind me.

"Leave her alone Noah." Asher says. "She doesn't want to see you right now."

"I know I shouldn't have kissed you and I'm sorry for that but I had to let you know I still cared about you in that way." Noah says as Asher leads me down the hallway. "Let me guess, you and Asher are hooking up. You tend to do irrational things when I tell you I care about you."

"We are not hooking up, he's helping me out as a friend." I say without turning to look at him.

"The only reason we broke up is because of my mom and your uncle. They had no right to do that, our feelings didn't change, we broke up for them but I'm tired of being with you everyday but not being with you." Noah says.

"My uncle and your mom are happy together and I'm doing just fine without you anyways." I say.

"But we're so much better together." Noah says.

"And we're happy as friends too."

"No. I wasn't. That was torture for me. And I'm pretty sure deep down you hated it too. I love you."

"Stop!" I shout. "I've moved on and for your own sake, I hope you do too."

"I'm sorry, but I love you." Noah repeats. "I have to say that."

"You'll get over me, because it's what's best for me, and it's what's best for your mom. She found someone she loves, and that person happened to be my uncle. We broke up for them, so they could be happy, and them happy makes me happy. I'm going to say this now, just know I still want to be friends. I don't love you." I say and walk faster away as I hear his footsteps behind Asher and I stop.

"That's a lie! I know when you're lying!" Noah shouts and when we turn the corner Asher wraps his arms around me as I start crying.

Raven's pov

After my shower I change into a pair of ripped jeans and a grey off shoulder top. I walk back over to my nightstand and grab my phone. I call Dylan's number and wait until he picks up. "Don't come."

"Too late I'm already here. Walking to the girls dorm. It's funny really, they gave one of those little visitor stickers to me and then the lady behind the front desk started flirting with me." Dylan says and I can hear the smirk in his voice. "And dang the girls here are hot."

"Leave Dylan, I'm done with your shit." I say and sit down on my bed. The door opens and I hang up the phone. "Get out! How did you even get in here without a key!" I shout.

"Uh, I do have a key and it's my room." I hear Emily say and I look up and see her and Asher walk in. "Oh sorry I thought you were someone else."

"She thought you were me." I hear Dylan say behind them and I stand up quickly. Emily and Asher turn around and I start walking over to the door.

"Who are you?" Asher questions.

"She didn't tell you guys yet? I'm her boyfriend. Hey babe." Dylan says walking over to me and kissing me. As I push him away my throat goes dry and it starts getting hotter.

"I'm Emily." Emily says holding out her hand.

"Dylan." Dylan shakes her hand and smiles at her.

"Asher." Asher says and gives him a nod.

"Now that you've met a couple of my friends, it's time for you to leave." I say and start to push him out.

"I just flew halfway across the country for you and you're pushing me out?" Dylan complains as I keep pushing him.

"I didn't ask you to come. I didn't want you to come. I don't want you to come again. I want you to leave me alone. I want you to stay out of my life." I say.

"Is something wrong?" Emily questions and Dylan gets tired of me pushing him and pushes me back into the wall and walks back into the room.

"Hey!" Someone shouts from behind him. I look behind him and see Noah standing there.