Chapter 26

Raven's pov

"Well," I say and everyone starts to file out of the student section. "I guess they left."

"Emily said Paulo is driving us to the party or something," Noah says.

"Paulo was supposed to take Emily, Asher, and Isaac, Lucy and I were going with Sam, and you guys were riding with Jordan," Nathan says.

"Oh, well I guess we're with Sam?" I say confused.

"I guess," Noah says. "Nathan and I will go find them, you guys can just wait here."

"Okay," I say then turn to Lucy. "I don't think we properly met, I'm Raven."

"I'm Lucy," she says. "It's been very nice having you here at Grovers so far. And let us praise God's grace for pulling you away from your troubled life."

"Amen," I say awkwardly. "So where are you from?"

"Ohio," she says. "I was raised on a farm."

"Cool, I couldn't imagine living on a farm," I say. "So did you guys have horses?"

"We did but the women and girls aren't allowed to ride, apparently it promotes ludicrous things," she says shyly. "It was a very small, old fashioned town with old fashioned principles."

"I see," I say. "So you and Nathan are going strong?"

"I guess," she laughs awkwardly. "Do you think he's actually in to me?"

"I mean I don't really know Nathan that well so I couldn't tell you," I say honestly.

"Well, from an outside point of view, does he seems into to me. Or is he just dating me for a couple laughs?"

"It's honestly hard to tell," I say then look around. "So how long have you been going here?"

"All my high school career," she says.

"Nice," I say then pull out my phone. "Sorry, I'm going to make a call real quick."

"Go ahead," she says as I walk down and out of the bleachers. I call Emily and she picks up by the second ring.

"Hey," she says. "What's up?"

"Where did you and Asher go?" I ask.

"We just went and hung out at our room, now we're on our way to the party," she says.

"Really? Weren't you guys like screaming at each other?"

"Yeah, but it was all just stupid. I think I blew it out of proportion," she says.

"Okay," I laugh. "Well we'll meet you at the party."

"See ya there!"

-------

"Hey!" Emily shouts as we walk through the front door of what appears to be a billion dollar home.

"Hey," I say as she hands me a cup.

"Welcome," a tall, blonde guy says as the rest of the group walks in. "I'm Edward, your host, please feel free to do whatever the fuck you want."