Chapter 32

Noah's pov

I pull up into the gas station parking lot then up to one of the pumps. "I'll put some gas in the tank too," I say as I turn off the engine. Emily and I climb out of the truck then walk up to the building.

"Do you want something to drink?" Emily asks.

"I'll take a cherry slushie," I say as I open the door for her.

"Alright," she says as she walks back to the drink area. I walk up to the counter and wait for someone to come to the register. I turn around and try to get Emily's attention.

"What," she says loudly.

"Do you want sweet tarts?" I ask.

"Is that even a question?" She says with a wide smile. I bend down and grab a box of sweet tarts.

"Hi, what can I do for you?" Someone says as I stand back up. I look up and lock eyes with Ginger. "Oh," she says.

"Hey," I say awkwardly. "I thought you worked at the other station?"

"They needed a new manager over here so I got transferred," she says. "I came to your school."

"You what?" I say confused.

"I mean not to like stalk you or anything," she says nervously. "I needed to talk to you."

"What about?" I ask.

"Is that your girlfriend?" She asks.

"No, she's just- she's Emily," I say.

"Oh," she says. "Well I just needed to tell you something."

"Well you can tell me now," I laugh lightly.

"I-I'm pregnant," she says. My mouth opens slightly as I process what she just said.

"You're what?" I say shocked.

"I'm pregnant," she says again.

"And its mine?" I ask.

"Yeah," she says defensively.

"Well I don't know how many people you're fucking," I say defensively as well.

"Here," Emily says from behind me. I turn around and see her handing me a Styrofoam cup. I grab the cup from her and set it on the counter.

"Uh, this stuff then ten on pump two," I say awkwardly.

"You got it," Ginger says awkwardly as well. She types a couple things into the register then tells me the total. I hand her the cash then she grabs the change. "Have a nice day," she says before handing me the change and receipt.

"You too," I say then locking eyes with her again before walking out with Emily.

"Hey, Em, do you think you can drive back? I'm not feeling too well," I say.

"Yeah, sure," she says and I hand her the keys. I walk around and start pumping the gas into the truck and wipe the sweat that was forming on my forehead. I try and calm my breathing as the tank fills and lean up against the side of the truck. "You good?" Emily asks.

"Yeah, just not feeling too great," I say then lurch forward as I almost vomit.

"Shit," Emily says then places a hand on my back as I bend over. I throw up the chicken and rice I had earlier as she tries to help me.

"I'm fine," I say as the pump shuts off.

"Here, I got it, just go get in the truck," Emily says as she reaches for the nozzle.