Chapter 9

"Is there a problem here?" Noah asks and Dylan scowls at him.

"No problem here." Dylan says angrily.

"Just go away." Asher says angry as well. "Leave Em alone, she doesn't want to talk to you right now."

"I came to apologize. I know how much being friends meant to you Em and I messed that up, I'm sorry. I just want to be friends again. Can we just put all this behind us? Forget the last twenty-four hours? Go back to being friends? I promise I won't mess it up again." Noah says and Emily looks at Asher.

"It's up to you Em." Asher says and gives her a soft smile.

"As long as you don't kiss me again. Or tell me you love me." Emily says.

"When did this happen?" I question.

"A long time ago, and then just last night." Emily says. "When did this happen?" She gestures to Dylan.

"Before I came here." I say. "But now it's over."

"Come on babe don't be ridiculous." Dylan says stepping closer to me. "And don't be stupid."

"Just leave okay." I say and walk further into the room to my bed.

"If she said leave, leave." I hear the muffled voice of Emily.

"I don't listen to females." Dylan says annoyed and starts walking further into the room.

"Leave." Asher says and Dylan scowls at him.

"I can call the campus security if I have to." Noah says and Dylan stomps out the door angrily.

"I'll be back tomorrow Raven!" He shouts and Asher slams the door on his face.

"Okay who was that, you never told me you had a boyfriend?" Emily questions walking over to me.

"And you never told me about you and Noah." I say.

"Well, about a year ago we were dating-" Emily starts to say but Noah cuts her off.

"Correction we were in love." He says.

"Anyways." Emily continues. "But when our families met, his mom and my uncle started getting feelings for each other and Noah and I broke up for them and now they're getting married next year in the summer. But I guess Noah decided to come out and say he loves me again."

"Oh." I say. "So you guys are back to normal again then?"

"I guess, as normal as it gets after that." Emily laughs.

"Yeah." Noah says and then there's a knock on the door.

"I'll get it." Asher says and walks over to the door. He opens it a crack and then opens it up all the way. "It's Austin."

"Oh." Emily says surprised. "What are you doing here?"

"I came to apologize for the other day, I overreacted, you guys are just friends, nothing more." Austin says walking up to Emily.

"Yeah, just friends." Noah smiles. "Totally, no other type of attraction."

"Okay." Austin says warily. "I was wondering if you wanted to go to the party tonight with me?"

"I don't know, I have a lot going on right now."

"Let's talk about it." Austin smiles at her and she smiles back nervously.

"I would but I told Asher I would go with him to the class registration, he hasn't registered yet and since I'm good with the office ladies I can get him moved up on the list." Emily says and grabs Asher by the arm and walks out of the room.