Chapter 12

Noah's pov

"Hey Noah." I hear Jason say walking through the door to our dorm.

"Hey Jason." I lower the volume of the tv and turn around to face him. "Raven this is Jason, my roommate, and Jason this is Raven, a friend of Emily's."

"Nice to meet you Raven." Jason says and walks over to his bed.

"You too." She smiles.

"Hey, what happened to your asshole of a boyfriend?" I whisper.

"He turned out to be an asshole." She says and Jason walks back over to the 'living' area.

"What are you guys watching?" He asks while sitting down in one of the chairs.

"Ask her, I don't watch cartoons." I laugh.

"We can't be friends anymore if you don't engage in the watching children's tv shows." Jason smiles. "Well I just remembered I have to meet up with a couple friends, I'll be back in a couple hours."

"Bye Jason." I laugh as Jason walks out into the hallway.

"I know this may seem nosy but what happened between you and Emily? Like from your side." Raven asks.

"That might take a while. You sure you wouldn't rather watch whatever this is?" I say and gesture to the tv.

"I want to hear it. I'll tell you about Dylan and I if you do."

"We have a deal." I laugh lightly. "So it all started a couple years ago, I just met Emily at the Freshman orientation party thing. We were friends for a while but we ended up developing feelings for each other. We dated for a while, things were getting pretty serious, and then we decided we wanted our families to meet. At this family meeting, my mom, her name is Sarah, she met Emily's uncle, Finn, and then they started getting feelings for each other as well. After a couple of months my mom told me about her and Finn. Of course, I told Emily and after a lot of discussion we thought it would be best for us to split up and give my mom and her uncle the happiness they hadn't had in a while. We came to the conclusion that we were younger and had way more time to find someone who made us happy again. Apparently she has now."

"I get why you would want to do that for your mom. I would do the same thing for mine. It sucks though that she had to fall in love with Emily's uncle." I say.

"The thing is I really didn't want to do it, it was Emily's idea in the first place to break up for them. I didn't see anything wrong with us dating and my mom and her uncle dating at the same time, you know, because it isn't like we would be related by blood or anything. Emily thought the opposite though." I say and smile lightly at her. "Your turn."

"So there was this kid in my math class who was like genius level smart and full of life. I walked up to him one day and asked for help on the new assignment. Of course, he happily helped. After that we started talking regularly and soon became best friends. It was all good until sophomore year. He finally got the courage to ask me out and of course, I said yes. On our first official date, he took me to see a movie. It really sucked by the way. After the movie we went back to his place to find his drunk father and his unconscious mother almost beaten to death. One thing led to another and Dylan tried to help his mom out. Let's just say his father won, but in the mess of it all, Dylan managed to make it out of the house me and his dad's wallet. We ran to the nearest motel and rented a room for the night. That night some pretty messed up stuff happened and lets just say it was the first of many." She explains.

"Well I guess we can both say that we've had our fair share of complicated relationships." I laugh then scoot closer to her.

"Oh yeah." She says and rolls her eyes.

"So what was your first impression of me?" I ask.

"Well, I thought you were cute and never expected to be talking to you now. What was your first impression of me?" She challenges me with a mischievous smile.

"Well, you were definitely intriguing." I say with the same smile.

"Is that a good or bad thing?" She questions.

"Good." I say then turn off the tv and face her. "So, would you be interested in an old fashioned date with yours truly?"

"I guess it wouldn't hurt." She says with an awkward smile.

"I'll come pick you up at your dorm around noon tomorrow." I say as she stands up.

"Okay." She says with a genuine smile.