Chapter 30

—————

Okay, back to 2019.

—————

Raven's pov

"So," Noah says as we walk to the locker rooms. "Do you want to hang out after school today?"

"Depends, I don't know how long I'll have to be there for Mr. Kingston's trial," I say.

"I forgot about that. They didn't ask me to come in at all," Noah says.

"Well, you weren't really a part of any of the incidents," I say.

"Well, no. But I've known Asher for years, I've been to his house, seen things."

"I guess that's true. I'm kind of nervous."

"Why?" Noah questions.

"I don't know, I feel like I'm in trouble or something."

"You'll do fine," Noah says. "Just say what happened."

"Right," I say. "I'll see you in a little." I walk into the girls locker room and back to my locker. Sitting on the bench next to my locker is Alexa. "Alexa?" I say.

"Hey, sorry," she says as she lifts her head up and wipes her puffy eyes.

"What's up?" I ask.

"I just wish I could take it all back," she says as she starts to cry again. "It wasn't supposed to happen like this."

"Are you talking about Drake?" I ask, sitting down next to her.

"Yes. He's so rude, and just not the type of person that I wanted to be my first."

"Yeah, I get that," I say, sitting down next to her. "My first wasn't a nice guy either."

"And it's not just that," she says loudly. "The whole freaking school knows and I just want to go die a hole."

"I'm sure they'll start talking about something else sooner or later," I say. "In the mean time, let's go kick Chelsea's ass in whatever sport we're playing today."

"Okay," She laughs lightly.

—————

I walk up to the same building I first came to for my interview nervously. After gym class, I went back to the room and changed into my most professional looking outfit and made my way over to where I am now. I tug at the door but it's locked.

"Hello," a voice says.

"Hi," I say awkwardly.

"What's your name sweetie?" the voice questions.

"Raven James," I say.

"Okay, you're here to testify, correct?"

"Yes," I say.

"I'll have you come inside and wait to be called into the trial," she says as the door makes a lock clinking noise. I pull it open and walk into the building.