Chapter 11

Noah's pov

I look over to my right and see Raven entering the door with the guy from the dorms earlier. His arm is wrapped around her tightly and they're laughing. "Noah!" Raven shouts once she sees me.

"Hey." I say smiling. "Have you seem Emily? She ran off somewhere I haven't seen her in a while."

"I've been outside." Raven smiles and then turns to the guy with his arm around her. "I guess you guys haven't properly met yet, Noah this is Dylan, my boyfriend, and Dylan this is Emily's friend, Noah."

"Nice to meet you." Dylan says.

"You too. I should go find Emily." I say awkwardly then walk past them. I walk around the house for a little seeing if I can spot Emily. I finally find her with Asher and a couple other guys. "Hey Emily can I talk to you?"

"Sure." She says and Asher wraps his arm around her pulling her closer to him. "What is it?"

"Here?" I question looking around at al the other people.

"Why not?" Emily says.

"Okay then. I don't think you should be with Asher. I don't think you should even be friends with him. He just isn't right for you." I say and she stands up now.

"And who is Noah?" She questions and Asher stands up as well. "Because it sure as hell isn't you."

"Look Noah, I really like her, I know it seems sudden to you but I've liked her for a while now." Asher says.

"What do you mean I'm not right for you?" I exclaim ignoring what Asher said. "I love you."

"Stop with all the love stuff!" Emily shouts. "You just sound ridiculous, I'm just trying to be your friend and I really want you to do the same. I really hoped we would be able to be friends but I guess not."

"I'm sorry, I did it again." I apologize.

"You aren't sorry, and you'll do it again. I don't think it would be good for either of us to try and be friends right now." Emily says and walks off with Asher's hand in hers. I walk off angrily in the other direction and run right into Raven.

"Sorry." I say and push past her.

"Hey." She says chasing after me. "What's wrong?"

"Why do you care?" I question and once I reach the back door I stop and turn to face her.

"I'm not a monster." She says defensively. "Am I not allowed to care or something?"

"I'm not saying you aren't allowed to, I don't control you like your asshole of a boyfriend. I'm just asking why you would." I say and swing the door open I continue walking outside.

"You don't even know him." She says chasing after me again. "Deep down he's a good person."

"And how deep do you let him go to bring out his good side?" I smirk at her and she stops walking beside me. "That's what I thought."

"You're the asshole." She shouts as I walk out into the street.

-------

I continue walking down the street until I reach a small gas station on a corner. I walk into the gas station and over toward the bags of chips.

"Looking for anything specific?" The girl at the counter asks as I bend down to look at the chips they have.

"Yeah." I say walking over to the counter. "Do you know where I can find someone with some common sense? It seems like everyone I know is in a relationship with a drug dealing asshole despite me telling them they're making a huge mistake."