Chapter 17

Emily's pov

"Thank you all for your attendance, see you next week." Grovers says as everyone starts to file out.

"I'm going to go find Asher." I say as we stand up. "I'll catch up with you guys later."

"Bye Em." Raven says as I walk out of the auditorium.

"Finally over? Ran a little long this year." Conner says as he leans up against the wall outside of the auditorium.

"Did you find Asher?" I ask.

"Nah, but I gotta run." Isaac says then grabs his bag off of the ground. "Catch you guys later."

"Bye Isaac." I say as he walks off. "We could check his dad's room?"

"Sure." Conner says as he leads the way.

-------

"What are you two doing?" A voice says from behind us as we reach Mr. Kingston's door. I turn around and see Ms. Wirely standing in the doorway of the teachers' lounge.

"We were just looking for Asher Kingston." I say as Conner knocks on the door.

"Well, Mr. Kingston just left and locked his door on the way out. I think I saw his son walking down the hallway outside my room. I swear if it weren't for his father he'd be long gone by now." Ms. Wirely says.

"Thanks?" Conner says then grabs my arm. "You know I almost fucked her for a good grade sophomore year?" He laughs then pulls me around the corner.

"Ms. Wirely?" I laugh then pull out my phone. "No word from him yet."

"None from him on mine either." Conner says.

"Ms. Wirely?" I say in disbelief.

"Why is that such a shock? She may have a stick up her ass all the time, but she's hot." He says.

"Weren't we in her class together sophomore year?" I question.

"Yeah." Conner says.

"You copied off of all of my work, how'd you get that bad of a grade?" I laugh.

"Maybe she just docked me points to get into my pants."

"Maybe you're right." I laugh then grab his arm. "Want to know a secret?"

"Of course."

"Follow me." I say then start to run down the hallways.

"Is this a race?" Conner asks as he catches up.

"You don't even know where we're going." I laugh then take a quick right. I stop at the janitor's closet then fiddle with the knob for a couple seconds. The door opens then we walk in. I close the door behind him then flip the lights on.

"Why are we in a closet?" He questions.

"I came here almost everyday after school last year, and between us, I might have consumed a little marijuana during my visits." I laugh then reach onto a shelf and pull out a small box. "want some?"

"I didn't take you for a pothead." He says as he grabs the box.

"I don't do it that often anymore." I say then pull out a notebook from the same shelf. "But whenever I do, I write down the stuff I think about in here."

"You are reading every word of that to me." He says.

"Day one." I say as I open the notebook. "This is my first time being high. I bought some marijuana off of a senior and now I'm in this closet. I decided to do it alone for the first time. You know what's weird? I've been feeling pretty alone recently."