Chapter 16

Raven's pov

I walk into the girls' locker room awkwardly then make my way to the coach's office. I knock on the door softly then step back.

"Hey." A girl says as she open the door. "Whats up?"

"Uh, are you coach Shaw?" I question.

"No, I'm her daughter though. My name is April." She says with a smile.

"I'm Raven." I say. "I'm new this year and don't have a locker yet."

"Okay, I can get you one." April says then walks over to the desk.

"I could also go over uniforms and equipment with you too." She offers.

"That'd be great." I say then join her in the office.

"So here's your locker number and combo." She says then hands me a piece of paper. "Now for uniforms we have different options, but its nothing too special. Our tops are all white, but there's a tank top, t-shirt, long sleeve, and sweatshirt. And for pants there's shorts, leggings, sweats and spandex, all of them come in black."

"So I need to order this stuff?" I ask.

"Well, we usually have the common sizes stocked up in storage. The only reason why you'd need to order any would be if we didn't already have it here. But if you just bring in a check we can get you all your clothes that day." She explains.

"Check? How much?" I question.

"Well, what I described to you earlier are the required components of our uniforms. So the basic bundle comes to about three hundred. But, we offer other bundles as well. Like our deluxe bundle, it includes socks, shoes, gym bags, and other stuff like that. That one would come up to about 600 I think. But trust me, it's worth the extra cash." April says.

"Uh, I don't have that kind of money." I say awkwardly.

"Are you on scholarship? If so you get the basic bundle for free."

"Really? Thank god." I say relieved.

"What's your name again?"

"Raven James."

"James. You won the contest." She says excitedly. "And you bunk with Em. Gosh, I feel like a fool."

"It's okay." I laugh.

"You actually get the deluxe bundle." She says then hands me a piece of paper. "Here's a list of everything it comes with. And in addition to that, you also get any-time access to all exercise facilities on campus."

"Wow." I say as I read over the list.

"Welcome to Grovers." April laughs then grabs my arm. "I'll show you where your locker is." We walk to the back of the locker room until we reach the wall. "Sorry it's in a shitty spot, all the good lockers are filled."

"It's alright." I say as I set my backpack down. "I'll be right back with all your stuff. I just need your sizes."

"Uh, I'll just take a medium in everything." I say.

"We can always do exchanges too if you end up needing a different size." April says. "Shoe size?"

"Eight."

"Okay, I'll be back." She says then walks back towards the front. I take the paper with my locker information and set it on the bench. I look down at the combination then turn the dial on my locker. I pull the latch and then open the door.

"You've got to be kidding me." A voice says from behind me. I turn around to find Chelsea and a couple of her friends.

"Hi Chelsea." I say with a forced smile.