Chapter 14

"Make sure you bring a swimsuit." Emily says as she pulls out a black bikini.

"I actually don't have one." I say.

"You can borrow one of mine, they're in the top drawer." She says then walks into the bathroom.

"Thanks." I say then walk over to her dresser. I pull open the top drawer and sift through the various pairs of swimsuits. I decide on a navy blue one then close the drawer.

"Connor's dad owns the apartment complex so he has this huge apartment with a rooftop pool and stuff." Emily says as she comes out of the bathroom with her swimsuit on.

"Is this one okay?" I ask as I hold up the navy swimsuit.

"Yeah, of course." Emily says then pulls a red crop top on.

"Thanks again for the invite, you definitely don't need to invite me to every party you go to though. I get it if you'd rather go to some alone." I say as I walk towards the bathroom.

"Don't be ridiculous." She says then slides a pair of jean shorts on. "We have to leave in thirty."

"Okay." I say as I walk into the bathroom. I close the door behind me then change into the swimsuit. I pull my hair up into a bun then walk back out into the main room. "Ready."

"We can walk over to Noah's place now I guess." Emily says as she slides on a pair of flip flops.

"Noah's?" I question.

"Yeah, he's driving. Is that okay?" She says as I put on my athletic shorts and T-shirt.

"Yeah." I say then slide my shoes on.

-------

"Welcome to the party." Connor says as we walk up to the apartment.

"Thanks man." Noah says as we walk past.

"This is amazing." I say as we walk through Connor's apartment. "I expected a room the size of our bathroom, but the entryway is like the size of our whole dorm room."

"Wait until you see the pool." Emily says with a wide grin. "It's even better."

"I can't wait." I say as we walk up a set of stairs. We walk down a short hallway then out a set of French doors. Beyond the French doors is an Olympic sized swimming pool with millions of floaties and people in it. "Wow."

"There's drinks at the bar and snacks under the canopy." Emily says. "I'm going to go find Asher."

"I'll catch up with you later." I say as she walks off.

"Can I get you something to drink?" Noah asks.

"I'll just take some Pepsi or something." I say.

"Alright." He says then walks towards the bar. I walk over to an empty pool chair and set my things down. I take off my clothes and grab my phone.

Dylan: can we just start over again? I'll stop selling weed this time. :(

I ignore the message then start to walk towards the pool. "Hey!" I hear someone shout. I turn around and see Austin walking towards me.

"Hey Austin." I say with a small smile.

"Is Emily here?" He asks.

"Yeah she went that way." I point behind my back then start to walk away.

"Wait." Austin says and grabs my wrist. "Is she actually serious about Asher?"

"I think so." I say and look around for her.

"Goddammit." He says as he shakes his head. "I never should have given up on us. I love her so much."

"Like I said, I think she's serious about Asher." I say then look over his shoulder to see Noah walking up with two cups.

"Hey." Noah says and hands me a cup.

"Thanks." I say as I grab the cup.

"You gotta help me get Em to realize Asher isn't good for her." Austin says to Noah.

"I don't know, she's seems pretty happy right now." Noah says with a small smile.

"I thought you didn't like them together." Austin says.

"I don't really, but she does." Noah says then grabs my hand. "Let's get in." I follow Noah into the water and wave goodbye to Austin over my shoulder.

Emily's pov

"What can I get you two?" The bartender asks Asher and I.

"Two vodka tonics." Asher says then wraps his arm around my waist. "Connor said he leaves the key to the spare bedroom under a table in the entryway."

"Interesting." I say then grab my drink from the bartender. "Thank you."

"Thanks." Asher says as he grabs his. I follow him to a couple pool chairs then sit down. "You look great by the way."

"Shut up." I say as we both take a drink.

"I mean seriously. You're fucking hot." He says then sets his drink down.

"Shut up." I shout then set mine down as well. "If anyone here is fucking hot it's you."

"Whatever." He says then smiles at me. "Your ex-boyfriend is walking this way."

"What?" I question then look over my shoulder to see Austin.

"I was wrong Em." Austin says. "I've missed you so much ever since we broke up."

"Honestly, I don't think I've thought of you once." I say with a smile.

"That's a straight lie." He says angrily.

"It's not." I say and take a drink off of my glass.

"Do you have her brainwashed or something?" Austin asks Asher.

"Why don't you take a walk." Asher says as he stands up.

"Kiss my ass." Austin says angrily then draws his hand back and punches Asher head on.

"What the fuck." Asher says then punches Austin.

"Are you serious?" I say then stand up as well.

"Sit down." Austin says then lunges at Asher.

Raven's pov

"Oh my god." I say as I look over Noah's shoulder.

"What?" Noah questions.

"Austin and Asher. They're over there killing each other." I say and start to climb out of the pool. Once I climb out Noah runs past me and over to the fight. As soon as he gets there Asher pushes Austin to the floor and repeatedly punches him. I stop walking and watch from a distance.

"Asher!" I hear Noah shout then Connor runs past me to the fight. Noah and Connor pull Asher off of Austin while Isaac picks Austin up.

"Jesus." I say then walk over to where Emily is standing.

"Fuck you." Austin says as Isaac drags him towards the exit.