Chapter 21

Raven's pov

"So tell me about what happened earlier." A campus security guard says as he closes the door to his office.

"Where should I start?" I ask.

"Wherever you think the story began." He says. "Can I get you some water or crackers?"

"Yes, please." I say as he fills up a plastic cup with water from a Culligan tank and grabs a pack of saltine crackers from a basket.

"Here you are." He says as he sets them down in front of me then sits down behind his desk.

"Thank you." I say then take a sip off of the water.

"You can start whenever you're ready." He says with a warm smile. I set the cup down then sit up in my chair.

"After anatomy class today, Mr. Kingston asked me and another one of Asher's friends to stay back and answer a few questions. He asked us where Asher was. We both said we didn't know where he was. He gave Isaac a pass for his next class then kept me back." I say as he writes on a sheet of paper.

"Isaac? Do you know his last name?" The officer asks.

"No, I don't, sorry. I'm sure Emily or Asher does though."

"That's okay, continue." He says as he continues to write.

"He asked me a couple questions about where I was from but I blew them off and told him I should get going. He asked me again if I knew where Asher was. I said I didn't then said I needed to get to my next class again. He wrote me a pass then put his hand around my neck and demanded I told him where Asher was. I told him he was at Emily's dorm and when he let go I grabbed the pass and left the room." I say then open the pack of crackers.

"And this happened in Mr. Kingston's room?" He questions.

"No, Mrs. Ashby's room. He was filling in for her because she went home sick." I say then shove a cracker in my mouth.

"Okay, that's good. Now after school you and Emily walked back to your dorm?"

"Yes, and when we got there we saw Mr. Kingston outside our door trying to get in. He told us to let him in or he'd kick the door down so Emily unlocked the door. We went inside and Asher asked why his dad was there. Mr. Kingston got angry and started accusing Asher of ratting him out to the head administrator." I say.

"Ratting him out for what exactly."

"After the assembly Asher and Mr. Kingston got into a fight in his classroom. There was a complaint filed against Mr. Kingston."

"Okay, so Mr. Kingston and Asher were arguing, how did things turn physical?" The officer asks.

"I don't know the specifics, I went downstairs and called campus security and when I went back upstairs Emily and Asher were walking out of the room." I say.

"Okay, thank you." He says. "That's all I needed to know, but because there is an ongoing investigation of Mr. Kingston you will be needed to provide a testimony to our board."

"Oh, okay." I say. "When will that happen?"

"I don't know the date yet, but Dale Grovers will be in contact with you in regards to it. I'll just need you to leave a contact phone number with the secretary up front." He says then leads me to the door. "Can you send Emily in on your way out?"