Chapter 5- Best Friends and Realizations.

Hey guys, enjoy...

Jennifer's POV

It had been a week since that bus ride with Rogan and honestly saying, he was not how the girls at school depicted him to be. They said that he is too shy to talk to girls but that was not the case. We had such similar taste in many things but yet we were so different.

Aaron got to know about it and he didn't seem a tad bit happy. But hey, in my defense, I might be a very forgetful girlfriend but I simply won't cheat because that's just too low. Aaron knew this and yet he was behaving weirdly.

Once Rogan told me that he used to watch horror movies late at night a couple of years ago. I was shocked, who would watch movies, that too horror, late at night? They might be thrilling for other people but for me they were just hideous films meant for people with sleeping disabilities. I was really content with my Disney movies which always had a happy ending. When I told him this, he burst out laughing.

"You are such a girl!" He told me.

"Well FYI, I AM a girl, when did you fail to notice?" I asked.

He looked at me and his big brown doe eyes caught mine. We just sat there looking at each other as if time stopped. Then suddenly an old lady out of nowhere patted Rogan on the back and said something that left me speechless.

"Well done son, so you finally found the courage to actually ask her out?"

Rogan looked at her as if he'd seen a ghost, he was so pale and yet he looked so cute. Was I supposed to think that when I was actually taken? No but who cared? Aaron wasn't gonna come up there and read my thoughts.

After the lady went away Rogan didn't speak up so I thought maybe he wanted a few moments of silence. Although I kinda missed our conversation, the way he was fidgeting with his fingers was too damn cute.

That also made me think... Did Rogan have a crush on me? But why would he? I mean, look at me, I wasn't pretty.

Once his station came, he got off with a small soft bye which was difficult to listen to if you weren't paying attention but Rogan did have all of my undivided attention.

Honk Honk!!!

The sound of Shelby's car brought me back to reality. Phew! She took so little time to get here. (Note the sarcasm)

"I thought you said you were gonna come in ten minutes?"

"Well if I would have been here within ten minutes then who would've gone up to the mall to get our shrimp wafers and coke?" She said, shoving her left hand in my mouth.

"Okay okay, you are forgiven and won't be executed for being late!" I said with a hand on my chin, trying to look as if I was giving a very serious verdict. But of course that didn't work out because she started tickling me the next second. God, she did know where to tickle me so that I would fall down on the ground.

"Stop! Let's eat now, I am starving!"

We decided on watching Frozen while having the sandwiches I made along with the wafers and coke. These were the kind of days when I could just relax and talk to the girl beside me who was like my sister. Sure we fought, but who wouldn't?

"Hey I just wanted to say sorry for what I said to you that day." She told, out-of-the-blue.

"Look I forgot about it and let's continue watching what Olaf will do in summer."

But she looked unconvinced.

"Okay, what's going on?" I asked, tired of the silence because I knew that something was going on in her mind.

"You know, the way you talk with Rogan, I've never seen you that way with Aaron. You seem so happy while with Aaron you look like you're are being caged?"

"What crap has been going on in your mind Shelby? I do not look like that! With Aaron I just... I feel, I don't know... The first few weeks were great, but then after my b'day I just feel... Bored?"

"Your answer seems more like a question."

"Maybe because I am not sure."

"Do you really wanna be in a relationship with Aaron? Do you feel like you're in the seventh heaven when he looks at you? Do those blue orbs of his melt your eyes? More importantly, do you see a future with him, a big white wedding and lots of beautiful children?"

The thought of having children with Aaron made me wanna puke.

"No! That thoughts brings goosebumps up my spine but not the nice ones. I definitely don't see a future with him."

"Then what are you doing with him?"

"I don't know."

"Jennifer, I've known you since a long time. I am better acquainted with your mind than you yourself are, so listen to what I am saying really carefully, okay?"

I nodded my head, indicating that I had perfectly understood.

"Jenny, you've been waiting for Mr. Right all along your life, but what you feel for Aaron isn't what you should feel for him."

"What are you trying to say?"

"Okay, let me just be blunt and then you will understand. BREAK UP with Aaron because you are not in love with him!"

The moment these words fell on my ears, realisation dawned on me. Shelby was so right. I was not in love with Aaron and I had to break up because I was clearly wasting his time. He deserved someone else but not me.

"Thank you so much Shelby, you just cleared my mind, oh my god, I really do love you, what would I do without you?!!"

"That's what best friends are for, you dummy!"

The rest of evening proceded peacefully with both of us awwing at how fast Kristoff rode Sven just to check on Anna, we both adored Disney movies, although Blue Sky Productions were also a favorite of mine.

She left at around eight thirty and I was alone again in my house. My brothers were gone off with their girlfriends for a double date because they knew that every Saturday Shelby came over to my house or vice versa for movies.

But right now I was a woman on a mission, I had to break up with Aaron without hurting his feelings which was impossible. But I had to do it!

Hello chipmunks, I know this has been late update but I hope the wait is worth it. My 11th classes have started and it is hectic would be an understatement.

We have to write formulas three times a day and that too so many of them. But I'll make sure that my book won't face the brunt of it.

Btw, this chapter is dedicated to my best friend Sandrine also known as Crazyyyy_Ideas, don't forget to check out her profile.

And as always, don't forget to vote and comment!

Love,
Darkangel1343.