Chapter 20- Confessions And Aftershocks!

This is the chapter that I've been waiting to write for a long time. I know that I'm awfully late in updating but this will be a kick-ass chapter.

Also, I hoped for LTLAL to be a fifty-chapter something book but I'm so much in hurry to complete it, so maybe it'll get over in over thirty chapters.

I sincerely hope that y'all enjoy this update. Have fun!!!

Jennifer's POV

It had been three days since I talked to Rogan. These days had passed rather erratically. I was on my toes every time my phone rang. My brothers seemed to notice this difference too but they didn't tell anything. I bet they were waiting for me to say something but it would seem utterly unfair if the whole wide world knew about my feelings and Rogan didn't.

Speaking of him, I didn't get a chance to talk to him on Saturday since I was completing all my assignments and the leftout homework. I did call him on Sunday to get to know those results but it was unfruitful. I tried calling him bloody twenty times but to no avail.

Yesterday was Monday, I thought I'll see him in school but he was not present. Even Michael seemed oblivious of the reason to his absence. Today, as I sat in the bus, I hoped that he'll come but no Rogan appeared at his stop. It was so disappointing. I was dieing to see him, didn't he know that?

I quickly got off and made my way to Math class. Atleast if he's present today I'll be able to see him. We shared a lot of classes. It was as if the almighty granted my wish and in he walked, his satchel hung loosely around his shoulders, he was the epitome of handsomeness for me.

If that's even a word...

He looked at me and the lopsided stupid grin of his that had made me fall for him was absent. His shoulders hung down as if he was tired and there were bags present under his eyes. His whole appearance suggested only one word, depression. God, I never felt the need to comfort someone so much in my entire life. I shifted a little inside to make space for him.

But he just looked away as if he had committed a mistake and sat on a bench far ahead of mine. I swear, my face would be laced with confusion all over it. I got up to go talk to him when our professor entered. My fist slammed the bench softly, I wanted to talk to him for Christ's sakes! I kept my bag in the place Rogan was meant to sit, the coldness around was getting to me. Suddenly, math seemed a lot more boring than it usually felt.

I wrote down all the problems that the professor explained. This was my only way of getting around the fact that Rogan almost ignored me today. As soon as the bell rang, I put my books in my bag at a pace even Usain Bolt couldn't defeat. Looking up, I saw that he had already left the classroom. My shoulders sagged in disappointment but as I turned a corner, I saw him walking towards his locker.

The next lecture's books were already present in my bag so I thought this was a good time to talk to him. My strides were suddenly more heavy and difficult to take. I took a deep breath as I gathered myself up to put all my cards on the table.

"Rogan!" I called out to him.

He stopped in his tracks and looked back to face me.

"What?" I slightly cringed at his voice. It was so hoarse and not the sexy kind of hoarse.

"Are you okay?" Was the first thing that came to my mind.

Feelings Jennifer, tell him about your feelings.

"I'm fine..."

"Listen, I wanted to talk to you about something."

"Yeah..."