Chapter 30- Lies.

Hey peeps, enjoy!

Jennifer's POV

"So, you coming?" Shelby asked me.

"Oh I don't know..."

"Why? I mean it's been a while since we've had fun together. And graduation's still a couple of weeks away."

"Today I need to go to Rogan's. We're gonna go to his chemotherapy session."

"Oh. Sorry, you should go."

"No, I'm sorry. I'm sort of blocking out you and Michael."

"Don't worry about us. We'll be fine." Her voice was strained.

"What happened? Are you both fighting?"

"No, well... Yes."

"Care to explain?"

"You know he's really passionate about history. He wants to be an archaeologist."

"So?"

"The colleges both of us wanna go to are miles apart. That's still fine, I mean a lot of people have managed to stay tight despite long distance relationships but he wants to travel to Egypt after his degree in history. And problem is I can't go around the world with him. I'm going to be a nurse, my job won't allow me to travel. We've been having a lot of fights lately."

"I don't know what to say to you. I'm not a love expert. All I know is enjoy the time that you've got with him rather than fighting."

"Thank you, I will."

"Bye, love you Shelly Belly."

"Aww, love you too Jenny Benny. Bye."

It felt good to talk to my best friend after such a long time. Just a breath of fresh air that I needed. I had a couple of nightmares again. I didn't tell Rogan about it, though. He's being tough on the outside but inside, he's just hanging on to that frail string of hope that I don't want to weaken by adding my own worries to it.

The day before yesterday was our first date ever since he asked me out officially. It had been nothing short of a miracle. After our heavy make-out session we continued to ravish the lunch that was left. Later a lot of talks, few kisses and touching each other in places we'd never before followed. Both of us felt sleepy so we decided to rest for a while. He sat and leaned his back on the bridge as I wrapped my arms around his torso and rested my head on his chest. It felt so good.

We woke up maybe an hour later. Well, I got up later. Because of Rogan. I heard him shuffling through his bag that he'd brought. He was being frantic. He looked panicked.

"Rogan, what is happening?"

"My pills, I need my pills."

"For what?" I went to him and held his hands to grab his attention.

"I'm having a headache again. I need those fucking painkillers!"

"How bad is the headache?"

"Not worse but only the pills can help me. Fuck! I forgot to bring them. I'm a dumb asshole!"

"Okay, on a scale of one to ten rate your pain." I said, as calmly as possible.

"Three, maybe four..."

"I've a solution, come here."

I pulled him towards the open seat of his car and pressed my thumb to his forehead, trying to calm his pain.

"What're you doing?" He asked me. I could guess through his voice that he was calming down.

"I'm giving you a head massage to soothe your ache. Just, don't panic. Please."