Chapter 33[B] - Do Or Die: Round Two

Holy shit, last chapter. Can you believe it? This is amazing. I started this book a year back and it is so emasculating to see myself grow as a writer. Not that I want to sound really boastful but yeah. Faithful readers would've witnessed that.

Rogan's POV

Black, that's all I could see. Had I died? I couldn't feel my headache anymore. The last thing I remembered was that immense pain starting to brew in my head. The glass in my hand shattered. Jennifer came in to see me, I heard her calling 911. Then something happened which ended up in her taking me to the hospital. But I blacked out before we even reached.

Then what? Was I really dead? Had my life ended so abruptly? Did I leave my parents and the love of my life behind? Were they grieving me? Was Jennifer crying uncontrollably? I so wanted to be there to comfort her. Suddenly, my right index finger twitched from the efforts I was putting into it. I felt some sheets under me and could smell the typical medical smell that was prevalent in a hospital.

"He's moving!" Mom. So I was alive and they were waiting for me to wake up.

I tried opening my eyes and the 'oh so cliched' thing happened. Bright light poured in my eyes, I immediately closed them again.

"Hey baby, open your eyes slowly." Mom's cooing voice sounded like a nightingale.

I repeated and this time, the light wasn't that harsh. Seconds later, the scene in front of me became more clear. White walls were predominantly visible.

"What time is it?"

"One am buddy." I saw everyone here. Michael, Shelby, my parents and my grandpa was here too. Everyone was here beside one person. The same person who could be the reason behind me being alive

"Where's Jennifer?" I cringed hearing my own voice.

"Uh, she's not here." Dad said.

"Why?"

"I'll tell him." Mom ushered everyone out of the room.

After they were gone, she sat beside me. Sniffles and a few hiccups later, she spoke up.

"Jennifer won't be visiting for a few hours now."

"But why?"

"Both of you were alone at home when that headache hit you. She panicked and brought you here. Doctors weren't able to reach us. You were in desperate need of a surgery. Since Dr. Alba knew her, he asked her for permission. She said yes. I yelled at her taking such a big decision without even consulting us. We were waiting in the ER while she prayed for you in the church. That's what I thought. When it was declared that your surgery was successful, that the decision to go forward with it was absolutely right, I realised my mistake. Michael and Shelby went to look for her in the church only to find her unresponsive. They've admitted her in nearby room. It's a severe case of dehydration and insomnia."

I couldn't respond, I felt so helpless right now. My girl was unconscious because of me.

"She saved my life?"

"Yes honey, she did."

"When will she be okay?"

"She'll be released by morning. Doctors have to keep her under observation."

I felt so sleepy and lethargic right now. But at the same time I was ready to ride through the night just to see her smiling face in the morning. But mom was quite stubborn. She said I needed the sleep, of course she was right. After all, I was a patient recovering from surgery. Peter and Harry were called when they found Jennifer unconscious. They greeted me briefly before going off to be in her room.