Chapter 18- Disappointments.

Hi people, how are you? Well, I'll get straight to the point now. Picture above is of my love, oops, I mean Jennifer's love AKA Rogan who is played by Andrew Garfield, just mentioned this if any of you haven't still reviewed the cast list.

Again, I drifted away from my point. Which happens a lot. So, the main plot of the story begins in a few chapters which I'm really excited to write. And also, don't forget to read the note at the end, it's regarding my new book. Enjoy...

Jennifer's POV.

I was nervous, my hands were sweating and I was jittering. I tried to shake this feeling off but I couldn't. However hard I tried. Right now, it was homeroom and I was seated outside the Principal's cabin. He had called for me and I couldn't help but think that this was all about the valedictorian stuff.

Was he finally going to ask me today?

Finally the secretary told me that I could go in. As gingerly as possible, I closed the door and faced the head of Westmont High School. He looked so freaking intimidating. I slowly sat on one of the chairs while he looked at me through his glasses.

"Hello Jennifer, you're on time." He stated.

"Yes sir."

I always am!

"Well, you would have guessed what I want to talk to you about?"

"Is it about the valedictorian stuff?"

"Yes."

"Okay, so..."

"I don't know how to put this softly but you can't be this year's valedictorian."

What the fuck?

"Why sir?" I managed to speak without choking.

"Currently you are on top of your grades but you don't have a clean slate."

"I don't get it."

"We had a meeting and I personally suggested your name but one teacher pointed out the mess that happened in the cafeteria recently and then everyone voted against you." He said grimly.

"Oh..."

"I'm really sorry but I can't do anything about it."

"Okay, but who's going to be the valedictorian then?"

I had to know who beat me...

"It's Bethany Tanner."

Knew it.

I quickly mouthed an apology for that incident and left the room. My principal could've seen my tears if I had left a minute later. I was not going to embarass myself anymore. Next lecture was math.

As I entered the room, I saw that the teacher hadn't come yet. I looked around to find a seat. Suddenly my eyes met the brown ones that I had fallen in love with only in a few weeks. Rogan looked at me with curiosity lacing his beatifully sculpted face.

I fastened my pace and sat beside him. He continued to stare at me.

"What?" I asked.

"Were you crying?"

"Yeah, no shit Sherlock!"

"Why?"

Before I could explain what happened, our math teacher arrived, effectively shutting me off. But all the time, all I was thinking about was how I was rejected today.

"Pay attention to the class Jennifer." Rogan's voice soothed me, yet at the same time I wanted to stay in his arms and cry all my turmoils out.

Again with the 'feeling two things at the same time'.

This boy was definitely driving me crazy. I even think that I said that a million times already.

"Yes, I will."

Our math teacher gave us a few problems to solve while he went out of the room. Since this was the advanced class, there wasn't any jock present in here. Everyone had their heads in their books and continued to do math. All of this might seem a bit boring, but to me, well, I was proud of my class.

Everyone in here was polite and mannered. They knew their limits and nobody dared to cross it. Math was like meditation to me. I absolutely loved. The joy that I got by getting a sum was unlike anything else. At the other end, if I got it wrong, I felt so ashamed.

Yup, that's me, the nerd.

"Talk to me, what happened?" A wave of calmness surged through me as looked up at him. His thumb slowly wiped a tear under my eyes before he bent down and kissed me on both my eyes.

"I'm not the valedictorian anymore."

"But why?" He was genuinely surprised, not like Aaron who would laugh at this stuff.

Not that idiot's name again, Jennifer.

I scolded myself internally. Aaron was no match to my love.

"It's all because of that stupid fight in the cafeteria a few days back."

"That's bad, and injustified as well."

"Whatever, point is, I am not going to be the valedictorian anymore."

He wrapped his left hand around me, pulling me closer to him.

"But you'll always be the best for me though." He slowly whispered in my ears, causing goosebumps to appear on my hands. I looked around to scout whether anyone was looking. No one was. I quickly pecked him on the lips before turning my attention back to my book.

"Hey that's not fair, it was such a small kiss. No wait, that wasn't even a kiss, it was just a peck!" I sweetly smiled at him.

"No PDA in the classroom."

"Then what? We go to the janitor's closet?" He added with wriggling eyebrows.

"No, that would be too cliché. Why don't we just hold our hands?"

He quickly linked my fingers through them, creating a fuzzy mess out of me.

Ahh, I was such a lost cause!

The way my hands moulded perfectly into his warms ones, it made my decision very clear.

I had to tell him about my feelings and soon.

Sorry for the small lenght but I am sleepy now. So the note is, I'm getting really inspired to write another story. As soon as Rogan and Jennifer's journey ends, I'll begin with the other story. It's gonna be amazing.