Epilogue

I never thought I'd ever reach this stage but here I am, writing the final chapter. I'm soooooooo elated right now. Finally after a long time, I'd be able to press that complete button. My baby is over now.

Jennifer's POV

My feet ached, the damn heels were killing me. I scoffed, they weren't referred to as killing machines for fun. I had to run a little to make it to the bus stop in time. Maybe getting older did lessen my stamina. Not that I was that old. But my eighteen year old self was much fitter than the current twenty-eight year old one.

Ten years.

It had been this day, a decade ago that Rogan asked me out. It was our physics test. I chuckled at that memory. We had been through so much since then. After his release from the hospital, I lived with him for a week just to make sure that he would be alright. I bandaged his head, because after starting uni Mom wouldn't be there with him everyday. I was in charge of seeing to him.

Four years of hardcore studying and we were let out in the outer world. To make countless experiences on our own. Both of us were lucky to get chosen from our campus interviews. While Rogan was still working for the same company, they were more like family now, I resigned just a year after joining. My boss was a bitch and the co-workers were highly venomous. A bit of scouting around followed which led me to a small, start-up architecture firm. They took me in.

Now my firm was quite famous and I don't really want to boast but we did design a number of celebrity homes. Kylie Jenner's latest house was all me. And she loved it!😉

These ten years also brought a lot of changes in our relationship. Our teens were all about us, Jennifer and Rogan. But once maturity hit, we knew our family was just a big part of our life too. Our love didn't go away, it increased ten-fold every passing moment.

On my twenty-fourth birthday, Rogan took me for a date. In the car, he urged me put on a bandana. I had no idea what was going on. Curiousty spiked through my being but I was silent. We stopped unexpectedly and he supported me out of the car. I felt stepping into an elevator. Then, after coming out we walked a few steps before there was a rustling of keys heard. A door opened and I patiently waited for Rogan to remove the stupid cloth off of my eyes. When he did so, the sight in front of me left my mouth hanging out in the open. Literally.

We were standing in a small apartment. The designs were something I'd submitted to Heather, my new boss, six months ago.

"What is this place?"

He snaked his arms around my stomach before adding. "Our home."

Turns out, Rogan had rented out an apartment for us to live in together

Turns out, Rogan had rented out an apartment for us to live in together. The owners permitted him to change the interior on his own. And I thought I was designing a client's home. It did take a lot of meticulous planning but Rogan said, the smile on my face and the twinkle in my eyes was all he wanted to see. That was the day we made love on the bed I could call ours.