Chapter 6

Chapter 6

“Mom, I’m home”, Nathan said as we stepped into his house. His house was like any other modern home. Well, modern homes in California anyway.

I saw a woman step out of the kitchen, who I’m guessing is Nathan’s mom. She had long, black hair, and it was curly all the way down her back. She had it back in a high ponytail and she had on glasses that really framed her face well. She actually looked really young. You’d never expect that she’s a mom. “Oh”, she said when she saw me. “Hi. Um...Nathan? Who’s this”, she asked as she smiled at me.

“I’m Olivia”, I said.

“She’s my girlfriend, mom”, Nathan continued.

“Well, it’s nice to meet you, Olivia”, his mom said. “You can call me Candice or Mrs. Dawson if you would like. But, anyway, Nathan. I just made Trent this bottle. Why don’t you take it up to him?”

“Okay, thanks mom”, he said as he headed for the stairs and I followed behind him.

Once we were upstairs, Nathan stopped in front of a blue door and slowly opened it. “Trent”, he said. “Are you awake?”

We stepped inside, what I’m guessing is a nursery and I could see Spiderman decorations everywhere. Nathan walked over to a crib where a baby was lying. The baby smiled and lifted up his arms when he saw Nathan and Nathan picked him up.

“Say hi to Olivia, Trent”, Nathan said as he took one of Trent’s tiny hands and made him wave. Trent looked just like Nathan except he had blond hair.

Trent smiled at me and babbled something. “Yeah, I know”, Nathan said, as if he could understand Trent. “She is pretty isn’t she?” I bit my lip and blushed as I rolled my eyes at Nathan.

“He’s so cute”, I said. “Can I hold him?”

“Yeah”, Nathan said as he handed Trent to me.

Nathan’s View

            I watched Olivia feed Trent and I couldn’t help but think how cute she is. She smiled down at Trent and talked to him in that baby voice everyone does.

            “I’m so glad that she’s my girlfriend now”, I thought. “I’ve never really felt like this before though. I just like her so much. She’s beautiful and her voice gives butterflies. Kissing her was memorizing, too. I don’t know. I really, really like her. More than I can even explain. I don’t know what to call it. I think I’m-”

            Suddenly, Olivia said something, interrupting my thoughts.

            “Oh my goodness”, she said. “He’s so cute. Is he your brother?”

            At first, I was surprised that she asked that, but then I remembered that I forgot to tell her something.

           “Um...no”, I said nervously as I rubbed the back of my neck. “He’s….um….he’s my son.”