Chapter 9

Chapter 9

“Sorry for not wearing pants”, I said as I walked out of the bathroom wearing just a blue tank top and lacey black underwear. “I just don’t like sleeping in them.”

            “It’s okay”, Nathan said as he smirked at me. “I don’t like wearing shirts, so we’re even. Besides, it’s a great view.”

            I laughed and climbed onto Nathan’s bed.

“Ready for bed, beautiful”, Nathan said as he grabbed my waist and pulled me closer to him. He laid down on his side and faced me.

“Yeah”, I said as he cupped my face and pressed his lips to mine. I closed my eyes and kissed him back. Our lips moved in sync and Nathan moved his hands to my hips. He reached his hand down my leg and pulled my leg over the side of him. He deepened the kiss and I moaned as he bit my bottom lip.

            “No, stop”, I said as I felt him move his hand under my shirt.

            “What’s wrong”, he asked as he frowned and pulled his hand out of my shirt.

            “Nothing”, I said as I avoided eyes contact with him.

            “No, tell me”, he said.

            I shook my head and said, “It’s nothing. I just. I...um…I don’t want to have sex, Nathan.”

            “Oh”, he said. “Yeah, that’s fine. Sorry, I just…it’s fine. We just met anyway. We don’t have to have sex if you don’t want to.”

            “Really”, I asked, feeling like he gave up a bit too easily. “I mean. Don’t you want to though?”

            “Of course, I want to”, Nathan replied, “especially after the closet earlier, but, if you don’t, then I don’t.”

            “Thanks, Nathan”, I said as I kissed him.

            He chuckled and said, “Your welcome.”

            Then, Nathan turned off his lamp and we climbed underneath the covers. He wrapped his arms around me and kissed my forehead. “Goodnight, Nathan”, I said as I snuggled up to his chest.

            “Goodnight, baby girl”, he replied as he stroked my hair.

~

The next morning, I woke up to the light shining through Nathan’s window. I yawned and turned around to face Nathan, but I saw that he wasn’t beside me anymore. I sat up just as he walked out of the bathroom. “Oh, hey. You’re awake”, he said as he walked over and planted a kiss on top of my head.

            “Yeah”, I replied as I ruffled my hair. “Where are you going?”

            “I have to drop Trent off at his mom’s house”, he replied, “but I’ll be back later.”

            “Okay, bye”, I said as I kissed him.

            “You look cute in the morning when you’re hair’s all messed up like that”, he said as he smiled at me.

            “Shut up”, I replied.

            “I’m joking”, he said. “You look beautiful as always.”

            Suddenly the doorbell rang and Nathan left the room to answer it. I heard a cheerful voice say, “Nathan” and I climbed out of bed to see what was going on. I eased down the stairs and made sure that Nathan didn’t see me.