Chapter 14

When we all got to Nathan’s house, we all went to the living room and sat down. I sat on the couch with Clarissa, Matthew sat in a chair next to us, and Nathan sat on the floor in front of me and I played with his hair.

            “Well, it looks like Matthew and I can’t go to the mall for a while”, Clarissa said.

            “But it was totally worth it”, Matthew said as he reached over and fist-bumped Clarissa.

            “I’m hungry”, Clarissa said. “Nathan, go make me a sandwich.”

            Nathan gave her a look as if to say “seriously”.

            “Please”, she said as she whined like a 2 year old.

            “Fine”, Nathan said as he stood up. “But only because you’re my Claire-bare.”

            “Wait”, Matthew said as he followed Nathan into the kitchen. “I’ll go with you.”

            “Clarissa”, I asked.

            “Yes”, she said as she reached for the remote and turned on the TV.

            “Do you like Matthew”, I asked slowly.

            “Uh…no-why”, she said as her eyes widened. “Did he say something?”

            “Oh my”, I said. “You do like him!”

            “No I don’t”, she said. “And lower your voice! But, seriously, I don’t like Matthew. We grew up together that would be weird.”

            “No, it wouldn’t”, I said. “It would be cute.”

            “I don’t know.”

            “Just give it a try!”

            “No! NO! NO! Now stop talking about it.”

            “You’re blushing”, I coed. “That’s so cute!”

            “It’s not cute”, she said as she buried her face in a pillow.

Nathan’s View

            “Can I talk to you about something”, Matthew asked as he sat on the counter and watched me make Clarissa’s sandwich.

            “What’s it about”, I asked.

            “Clarissa”, he said as he ruffled his hair.

            “You like her don’t you”, I said as I smiled and poked him.

            “How did you know”, he said.

            “Well, maybe it’s the way you stare at her butt when she walks, or how you both are always together, or…”

            “Okay, I get it”, Matthew said as he started to blush. “But, do you think she likes me back?”

            “Probably”, I said. “Why don’t you ask her?”

            “No!”

            “And why not?”

            “Because we’ve been friends since FOREVER! It would ruin everything.”

            “Fine”, I said. “Then, I guess you’ll never know if she likes you or not.”

            “I guess I won’t”, Matthew said as he jumped off the counter. “But you have to promise not to tell anyone.”

            “I promise”, I said.

            “Not even, Olivia?”

            “Not even her”, I said. “Now come on, I’m sure Clarissa wants her sandwich now.”

Olivia’s View

            Nathan and Matthew walked back into the room and Nathan handed Clarissa her sandwich. “Thanks, Nathan”, she said. Then, Nathan sat on the couch beside me and pulled me onto his lap. I smiled at him leaned my head on his shoulder as he wrapped his arms around me.

            “Well, aren’t you two cute”, Clarissa said with her mouth full of food and Matthew laughed.

            “What”, she said. “Is there something on my face?”

            “No”, he said. “You’re just so cute.”

            Clarissa blushed and Matthew’s eyes widened as he said, “I-I mean that as a friend. It’s not like it sounds.”

            “It’s okay”, she said. “Want some?” Clarissa held up her sandwich and Matthew took a bite out of it.

~~~

1) I didn't edit this so sorry if there are any errors

2) Comment please! It would really help if I knew what you guys thought!

3) Vote, please?!

4) Oh and picture is of Matthew!