Chapter 16

The next week, Matthew, Clarissa, and I decided to go to Nathan’s house early to help set up for the party. “Hey”, Nathan said as he opened the door and kissed me. “Come on in.”

            I stepped inside and Nathan closed the door behind me. “What’s up, Olivia”, Matthew said as he blew up a balloon then let it go flying around the room.

            “You’re so stupid”, Clarissa said as she playfully slapped Matthew.

            Suddenly, I heard people running down the steps and I snapped my head to the side. I saw three little boys who kind of looked like Nathan, except they had brown hair. One of them was holding something and I watched the rest chase after him. “Boys”, Mrs. Dawson said. “Stop running.”

            “Fine”, they said in unison.

            “Let’s wrestle instead”, one of them said. They all nodded in agreement as they started to tackle each other.

            “Are they your brothers”, I asked Nathan.

            “Yeah”, he said. “They’re triplets.”

            “How old are they?”

            “They’re seven”, Nathan said. “That one in the head-lock is Brett, the one holding him in the head-lock is Braxton, and the one on the floor clutching his stomach is Bennett.”

            Then, the doorbell rang and Nathan went to answer it. “Braxton”, Nathan said. “Your girlfriend is here.” I turned and saw a little girl around the same age as the triplets step inside. She was really pretty. She had tan skin, wavy black hair, and piercing grey eyes.

            “She’s not my girlfriend”, Braxton said as he let go of his brother. “She’s my woman.” He walked over to her and grabbed her hand. “Come on, Miranda”, he said as he ran his fingers through his hair. “I’ve got a new video game to show you.”

            “Okay”, she said as she kissed his cheek and headed upstairs. Braxton smiled and popped the collar on his polo before walking upstairs.

            “You turned your little brother into a total player”, I said as I playfully slapped Nathan.

            “I try”, he said as he smirked at me.

            “I want to play the game, too”, Brett said as he ran up the steps.

            “No”, Bennett said. “I want to play.

            “Stop running before you hurt yourselves”, I heard Nathan’s dad say as he came downstairs. “Hello, Olivia. How are you?”

            “Hey”, I said. “I’m good.”

            Suddenly, the doorbell rang again and Nathan went to answer it. “Hey, Caitlin”, he said as he opened the door.

            “Hey”, she said. “I just came to drop off Trent. Sorry, I can’t stay.”

            “It’s okay”, Nathan said as he took Trent. “I’ll see you around.” Nathan closed the door and walked back over to us.

            “Trent”, Clarissa squealed. Trent held out his arms to her and Nathan handed him over.

            “Wow”, I said. “He really loves her.”

            “I know”, Nathan replied. “He practically jumps out of my arms when he sees Clarissa.”

            “You’re so cute”, Clarissa said as she bounced Trent up and down.

            “Thank you”, Matthew said jokingly as he grabbed a laptop off the ground. Then, he pulled earphones out of his pocked and connected them to the laptop.

            “What are you watching that calls for those”, Nathan said as Matthew stuck the earphones in his earphones.

            “Nothing”, Matthew replied. “Just…stuff.”

            “I don’t even want to know”, I said.

            Suddenly, the doorbell rang, but this time Nathan’s dad went to answer it. “Hey, cuz”, someone said. I turned and saw a guy that looked a little older than Nathan. He had black hair that covered his eyes and lots of tattoos.

            “Hey, Xavier”, I heard the triplets yell as they ran downstairs and tried, but failed, to tackle their cousin.

            “Hey, miniature people”, Xavier said.

            “Dude, we have a new game”, Bennett said.

            “Yeah”, Braxton said. “You have to come see it.”

            “I’ll be up there in a minute”, Xavier said and the triplets ran back upstairs.

            “Well”, Xavier said. “Who’s this hot piece of-”

            “Don’t even finish that sentence”, Nathan said. “This is my girlfriend, Olivia.”

            “Olivia? Pretty. You know, if you ever want to have some fun, just call me.”

            I rolled my eyes and said, “I’m going to the bathroom. I’ll be back, Nathan.”

            I finished up in the bathroom and walked out to reveal Xavier standing there. “What do you want”, I said as I brushed past him.

            “I had to go to the bathroom”, he said. “I was waiting for you to come out.”

            “Couldn’t you have gone to a different one?”

            “I guess”, he said as he smirked at me.

            I scoffed and walked away. He grabbed my butt as I walked away and I couldn’t help but bite my lip a little.

~~~~

1) Picture is of Xavier

2) Comment!!!

3)Vote if you like it!

4) I didn't edit this, sorry.