Chapter 25

2 weeks later

            Everyday was the same. I had to witness Nathan and Kendra’s endless PDA and I felt my heart burst every time. I skipped school most of the time to hang out with Xavier and get Nathan off my mind.

            It usually never really worked though. I’d end up find something that reminded me of him and I would burst into tears, but Xavier would calm me down every time.

            “How can you even like being in a relationship with me”, I sobbed as Xavier and I sat on my bed and he cuddled me close. “I’m always crying over Nathan.”

            “Yeah, but I like cheering you up”, he said as he rubbed my back. “Plus, when you’re not crying over Nathan, you’re pretty fun.”

            “I’m sorry, Xavier”, I said between sobs. “I’m a horrible girlfriend, but I still love Nathan and I want him back.”

            “I’ve come to that conclusion”, he replied.

            “I can’t move on”, I said as more tears rolled down my eyes. “I’ve cried everyday for the past weeks and I can’t get over him.”

            Xavier sighed and cupped my face with his hands. Then, he pressed his lips to mine and kissed me.

            “You didn’t feel anything did you”, he asked as he pulled away.

            “What”, I asked.

            “Just answer the question.”

            “Honestly, no”, I said. “I’m sorry.”

            “Don’t be”, Xavier said. “I just proved something. You don’t have feelings for me, Olivia. I know you don’t. You still love Nathan and you’ll only ever love Nathan.”

            “What’s that supposed to mean”, I asked.

            “It means that you need to do something”, he replied. “Get him back.”

            “I already tried. He won’t listen to me.”

            “Then, make him listen”, Xavier said as he handed me my phone and walked out of the room.

            I stared blankly down at my phone. I finally got the courage and I dialed Nathan’s number. It rang over and over, but he didn’t pick up. It went to voicemail and I left a message.

            “You can come back in”, I yelled.

            “So”, Xavier asked.

            “He didn’t answer”, I sighed. 

Nathan’s View

            I slammed Kendra down on the bed and she smirked at me. I climbed on top of her and kissed her neck as she moaned and tugged at my shirt. I ripped it over my head and I did the same to her.

            “Like what you see”, she said as bit her lip. Then, it reminded me of the first time I met Olivia. When I walked in the bathroom to get Trent’s pacifier and she was only in her underwear and bra. They were black and lacey and she looked so sexy.

            “Uh…yeah”, I replied as I pressed my lips against hers and tried to forget about Olivia. Kendra wrapped her arms around my neck and I placed my hands on her hips. Suddenly, my phone began to blast its “Only Exception” by Paramore ring tone and my heart ached at the sound of our song.

            “Aren’t you going to get that”, Kendra said against my lips.

            “No”, I replied. “Just ignore it.”

            It went to voicemail and it began to play out the message the person sent.

            “Hey, Nathan”, I heard Olivia’s voice say and I immediately climbed off of Kendra and grabbed my phone.

            “I…uh…I just need to talk to you, okay”, she said as I could hear her sniff. “Please, just call me back. I know you hate me right now, but just call me, okay?”

            I stared at my phone after Olivia’s message ended. “Isn’t that your ex-girlfriend”, Kendra asked as she placed kisses on my shoulders. “Is she still not over you? Goodness, she sounds annoying. You should block her number or something.”

            “No”, I snapped. “She’s not annoying, okay?"

            "Are you seriously defending her", she scoffed.

           "Yeah."

            "Wow, I thought you were over her. She's ugly anyway and she's not even worth it. You derserve do much better", Kendra said as she rolled her eyes.

            "You know what", I said. "I'm not over, okay? And she's not ugly. She's not even close. She's the most beautiful girl and this entire world and she's worth everything. Honestly, I don't derserve better because she's already too good for me. Overall, I think you should leave."

             “Are you breaking up with me”, she shrieked.

            “Yeah”, I said. “So, go.”

            She put her shirt back on and climbed off my bed. “You’ll regret this, Nathan”, she said before walking out of my room.

            I sighed and pressed “call back” on Olivia’s name. It rang three times before she picked up. “Hello”, she said.

            “Hey”, I said nervously. “Are you crying?”

            “Um…no”, she lied. “Why’d you call me?”

            “Oh, right”, I said. “I-uh-I got your message.”

            “Did you?”

            “Yeah”, I said slowly.

            “So, are going to actually let me explain this time”, she asked.

            “Yeah”, I said.

            “Nathan”, she said as she sniffed. “I’m sorry, okay? I’m sorry that I cheated on you. I just need you to know that. I didn’t mean to hurt you and I’m sorry that I did. I just really need you to forgive me.”

            “I do forgive you”, he said.

            “You do?”

            “Yeah, but I need to say a lot of things to you”, he said. “In person. Face-to-face and not on the phone.”

            “Right”, she said. “Come over.”

~~~~~~~

I really need some feedback! Please comment!

Vote! Fan! Comment!