epilogue

okay hi, hello i've decided to write an epilogue. the bold in the middle of the chapter will be josh's flashback bc wattpad is a bitch and won't let me italicize, so enjoy!

josh's pov • 3:02 AM

i hear my door creak open and feet lightly pad on the hardwood floor. "daddy?" a small voice says. my eyes slowly open. i look to my right and see zander, our three year old son standing right by my bedside table. "hey there, buddy." i groggily say. "what's wrong?"

zander pouts, "i had a bad dream, a really bad one." he says, tears forming in his eyes. i frown and open my arms. "come here, little guy." i place him in-between tyler and i, who is peacefully sleeping.

"daddy? will you pleath tell me a bed time thtory?" zander asks, his 's's making a 'th' sound because of his speech impediment. i crack a smile and chuckle lightly. "i already told you one, bud. try to go back to sleep, okay? i'll make sure to tell you two stories tomorrow night. sound good?" i offer, zander eagerly nods. "night, daddy! i love you!" he smiles, lifting his small body up to give me a kiss on the cheek. "goodnight, zander. i love you, too!"

i watch as he drifts back off to sleep, thinking about how my life became the way it is. 

after tyler and i got married, i became a manager for a huge retail company my father owned, which eventually got passed down to me. i've been making huge amounts of money ever since. it impacted both tyler and i together. tyler ended up quitting his job because of how much many i made - he didn't have to work any longer and boy was he ecstatic about it.

ever since we were in our early twenties, tyler always talked about having kids. if only i were to count how many times tyler would ask me: "joshy? do you want kids when you get older?" or "when we get married, can we adopt a kid?" i wouldn't be able to. when i told tyler that i saved enough money to adopt a child, he bursted out into hysterics.

"ty! ty guess what!" i called out for my husband. seconds later, he ran down the stairs and was standing right in front of me. "you called?" he asked. i bit my lip nervously. "okay so this wasn't the best thing to do behind your back but, uh, i've kinda been secretly saving money for us to adopt. you've always talked about having kids and i thought it'd make you happy if we were to go out and adopt a little guy, or girl if that's what you want."

i've haven't seen him smile that big since our wedding day. his eyes lit up, his smile so big i thought he'd hurt himself. "yes! oh my god joshy! yes of course! thank you! thank you! thank you so much!" he cried, tears streaming down his face.

he locked his lips with mine, sharing the most passionate kiss. "cmon, mocha. let's go get our little angel." he looked at me in disbelief, "n-now?" he asked, the smile still locked in place. I nodded and intertwined our fingers.

"alright, here are the boys you can choose from. the ages range from 1-15. you can walk around and talk to them, see which one you'd like then meet me back at the front with your choice." the kind lady smiled. tyler thanked the woman, grabbing my hand and dragged me around.

we made our way to the infant section. tyler ran to the little boy in the crib. "hey there little guy!" he cheered. the baby boy let out a cry, throwing one of his toys, hitting tyler right in the middle of his forehead. "ow!" he yelped, rubbing his forehead to subside the pain. "okay next one" i declared, bringing him over to the toddler section.

i spot a tiny little boy sitting on a rug, surrounded by a variety of toys. i repeatedly hit tyler's arm. "ty-tyler look at him" i point in the direction the boy was sitting at. we walk over to him.

I squat down to reach his height. "hey, bud." i say, giving him a smile. he drops his toy car and looks up at me. "hi!" he cheers. i look at tyler, who has the biggest smile on his face, then back at the boy. "what's your name?" i ask. "zander!" the little boy, now known as zander, exclaims. i took a notice that when he pronounced his name, it came out as if he had a lisp. how cute.

"what'th your nameth?"he asks. "i'm josh, and this guy right here is tyler. he's my husband." i proudly say. he raises an eyebrow. "you guyth are married?" i nod. "that'th awethome! i'd love to have two daddieth!" he smiles. tyler looks at me with tears in his eyes. we nod at each other, knowing that this boy right here, he was the one.

"can we play with you?" tyler asks. zander quickly nods, patting the rug, inviting us to sit down. we play around for a bit before i tap him on the shoulder. "hey zander," his big, brown eyes stare into mine. "how would you like to come home with us?" he smiles widely, hugging us both. "yeth! yeth! pleath! i'd love that!" he cries.

"alright, buddy. clean up your toys, we'll be right back, okay?" he eagerly nods, shoving all his toys back in the bin.

"welcome to your new home, zander."

jeez, I remember that day like it was yesterday. i smile at my two boys sleeping beside me. tears spring to my eyes. god has blessed me with such an amazing life. he gave me two boys who mean the absolute world to me. and i love them with every piece, every fiber, in my well-being.

i'm so lucky.

moral of the story: take risks, do stupid shit, download dumb apps, because miracles do happen. you never know what might occur in the end.

fin.

oh my goodness okay this was too cute. i hope you enjoyed the epilogue, along with my story! i had such a blast writing it, and i truly hope you enjoyed reading it as much as i enjoyed writing it! don't forget to vote and comment! i'll see you guys soon! stay alive
|-/