Chapter 6: Dinner for three

Sans and I practiced all day. We spent the entire time, learning the dance and trying to do our own moves instead of putting them together in the beginning. It was a smart choice.

We were getting quite far, until I noticed it was five in the afternoon. I sighed and turned to Sans, "That should be it for today. We can continue tomorrow."

"Alright. Ya doing anything tonight?" He asked as he grabbed a water bottle and took a long drink. I picked up my bag, "No. Just going home, I guess. Why? You got plans?"

"Yeah. Me and Chara are going out for dinner. I thought maybe you could.. come along?"

I forced myself not to blush and I look to him, "W-Why? Wouldn't you rather be with your girlfriend without me?"

He shrugged and walked past me, smirking, "Okay. Fine. You don't have to go. I just thought you might want to go and hang with me and Chara.. Make sure nothing goes wrong."

I sensed a small amount of mischief in his voice, but I crossed my arms and gawked at him, "What am I? The third wheel?"

"I'd like to call it the other second wheel."

He was ridiculous. Second wheel? Was he... was he flirting with me? I wasn't sure. The second wheel would be his date.. Me? His other date? Wait... what?!

"Heh.. I'm kidding.. I thought you might want to come," He began to turn blue. I was slightly relieved yet pissed that he was joking. I wanted to be his date, second or not.

I shrugged and smiled anyway, "Sure. Why not? Let me get something nicer on and then we can go."

He nodded as he watched me walk to the bathroom. Luckily, I kept a dress in my bag so that I could go eat somewhere afterwards. That was the plan anyway. Now there were new plans.

The dress was a knee-length, lilac purple dress with thin straps to keep it on me. I loved this dress; it was my favorite. I put my black flats on and then I stepped out of the bathroom, to see Sans waiting. His eyes traveled up and down me and then turned light blue.

"Like my dress?"

"Uh.. it's.. um.... Looks great," He smiled and chuckled nervously. No.. he didn't like it did he? Knew I should've gotten the red dress.

"It's okay if you don't like it. You can just tell me and I'll-"

"No! It looks great on you! Nothing's wrong with it!" He had a weird smile on his face and his hands were in the air, trying to seem defenseless. He reached out and took my hand, "C'mon. Let's go."

《Tımə Skıþ》

I sat next to Sans on the outside of the booth. Sans was on the inside across from Chara, who looked as joyful as ever. Her giving that fake ass smile made me want to smack her, but I kept myself under control.

"So Sans? What's (Y/n) doing here?" Chara asked, her left eye slightly twitching. He didn't seem to care, "I invited her."

He's so casual.

Her eye began to twitch even more as she said, "Sans? Do you mind if we have a talk?" Her eyes turn blood red as she glares at him, "Alone?"

He put his hands up in defense as I stood up so he could get out of the booth. Him and Chara went outside the restaurant. I could see them through the the window as Chara began to yell at him. I watched as they seemed to go on and on for what felt like hours. It was only five minutes though.
The waitress came and I ordered my food, while I waited for them. They finally seemed to stop yelling, but Chara showed irritation in more ways than one. Before I could even blink, she raised her hand and slapped Sans in the cheek bone. She yelled in pain because she slapped his cheek bone as hard as she could. She wasn't the brightest girl, that was for sure.

Sans seemed to laugh, as he walked past her. She seemed even more angry than before but she followed him inside. She seemed like a completely different person. Smiles and giggles. Happy go-lucky. In her mind it was happy go-fuck yourself.

The two sat down and they both took a sip of their drink, quietly. I smiled awkwardly as I looked to Sans, "So... um... I ordered already."

"Alright. We'll order when the lady comes back."

I didn't like how this had turned out. The atmosphere was very dark and gloomy. Whenever I looked at Chara, she smiled at me with eyes that read death. It almost made me lose my appetite.

Eventually my ramen noodles came. For once I would eat fancier ramen, rather than regular microwave kind. As usual, eating something hot was not even hot. Everything to me was about the same temperature, but that was okay. I got used to it a long time ago. I took a bite of the ramen and realized that all eyes were on me. Chara and Sans were watching me eat.

"Um..?"

The two jerked their heads away and looked down. They hadn't gotten their food yet. I guess they didn't want to look at each other after what happened earlier. This was seriously getting awkward.

Finally after I ate most of my ramen, their food arrived and that's when I stood up. I set down some money, "I'm gonna go."

Sans panicked and grabbed my hand beneath the table, "P-Please don't go.."

His face said stay, but my head told me to go. I had to go. I had to go to work in the morning and I needed to sleep. I didn't exactly want to leave him, but I didn't want to stay with Chara there.

"I'm sorry. I need to work in the morning and it's getting late. I'll see you tomorrow evening at Undyne's like we had talked about."

He nodded, but I knew he still didn't want me to go. I would think he'd want alone time with his girlfriend.. Guess not.