Chapter 25: Curse

"Rae!!" I yelled. I had ran home and instantly went to sleep. Luckily, I was able to have a dream.

I wasn't in the normal dark room. The room was smaller and muggy. I saw a door with a small window in it. I ran to it and pushed it open. It was Rae's room. Her head was laying on her desk; her sniffling and cries could be heard.

I walked up to her and put a hand on her shoulder. She jerked away and shrieked as she fell backwards, onto the floor.

"Rae? Please.. Look at me!"

She slowly sat up, rubbing her head. She looked at me, with more tears beginning to form, "Y/n.. I've failed you."

"No. No. You haven't."

"Yes, I have. S-She took the book. Why didn't I stop her?! She was right there, but I couldn't reach her! I'm such an idiot!!" She growled and grabbed at her hair, pulling at it.

"No! Rae! Stop! You are the only one who can fix this. We have to do something."

She shot a glare at me, still crying, "How?! She stole my book, Y/n. How the hell can I do anything?!" She tried to wipe her tears and looked away, "I just wanted some sleep.. That's all.. But.. When I woke, she had it. I could've stopped her, but she was just too far out of my reach. God.. What the fuck is wrong with me?! I've put yours' and Sans' life in danger."