Chapter 27

Regina will still be going to college but its going to be local since I'm continuing this book. Enjoy! 😊
____

Regina

I laid in my dorm room gently rubbing my baby bump. School haven't been to stressful for me yet, which is a good thing.

"You good Gina?". My roommate Lexi asked as she flopped on the couch next to me.

"Yeah, just thinking..as always"

"Don't tell me you thinking about this August dude again.". She rolled her eyes in annoyance..

"That August dude is the father of my baby Lex. How can I not think about him?"

"His dick must be bomb cause..."

"Alexia! Just shut up". We both laughed. "I'm starving though "

"You always hungry. Come on lets get some Popeyes or something ". She grabbed her keys to her car and the key to our dorm.

_____

"Why won't you call him back? I mean he's been blowing you up since you got to college and I'm sure he was before you got here". Lexi said stuffing her mouth with Popeyes fries.

"Because...I don't know. I mean I don't want to interfere with what he's got going on. His music is doing well and I don't wanna distract him."

"Girl...obviously he's tryna fuck with you still. Y'all are having a creature together! Get your thong out cha ass Gina".

I rolled my eyes as I took a scoop of  mash potatoes into my mouth.

"I'm going to call him...later"

"No do it now! Cause every time you say "later" you never do it. Plus I wanna see how he looks so FaceTime him."

"You are to much for me". I looked in my phone for August's number. After I found it , I pressed FaceTime and waited for him to pick him.

"Oops its been three rings. I guess he's busy". I was lowkey happy until the my hang up button disappeared.

"Wazzam Regina?!". His loud voice blasted through the my phone causing Lexi to change her seat and sit beside me.

"Fuck! He's fine girl omg. Y'all baby gon be boommbbb". She said excitedly as she looked at Aug through the screen.

"Who dat?"

"My roommate/ friend Alexia"

"Hmm so your August. Its finally nice to put a name to a face". She smiled.

"Aww I hope its good things...". He smiled widely,showing off his pearly whites.

"So...you've been blowing up my phone for awhile. What's up??". I took at least three fries and forced them in my mouth.

" I was just checkin on you...I miss you Regina. Shit ain't the same with you being around"

I stayed quiet for a few seconds, taking in his words. "I..miss you as well. But don't you think this space is good for us? "

"No. You ain't been updating me nor calling me about your appointments. You about an hour away and you can't tell me shit?"

"I'll talk to you later August bye.". I ended the call and slammed my phone on the table. "Can we go now?". I asked Lexi.

______

August

I don't understand why Regina is still acting like this. I just wanna make such her and my baby is straight. Lately I've been writing like crazy. My career is taking off slowly but surely. I still do a bit of teaching as a substitute here and there to keep my money up.

"Yo Aug! You got anymore pasta left? I'm hungry as hell". Sneak asked as he rambled through my refrigerator.

"Nah I just ate the last of it playa". I lied. I hid the pasta in the back of the refrigerator cause I knew one of them niggas was gon get to it.

"Mannnn you petty foe dat"

"Nigga go home. You always in my house. This ain't no shelter. You betta use yo EBT card and get something to eat."

Sneak nodded his head like he was gon do something. "Ight. I see how it is. I can't with y'all lightskins. Just rude."

I heard the front door shut, informing me that he left. I sat back in my lazy boy recliner and lit up a freshly rolled blunt. I ain't have nothing planned today so Imma get faded and chill.

-10 comments
- sorry for errors