LMKM 1 - The Beginning of an End

Before I start the first chapter I would like to thank you for even having a glimpse of my story. This is my first time writing here and as early as now I am telling you this cliché: I am writing to express and not to impress.

I am open for constructive criticisms however I really hope we will respect each other as you do so. Again, thank you for giving my story a try. God bless you! 👯

------------------------------------------------------
The Beginning of an End

Katherine's POV

"I will come back Katherine. I promise sweetheart", Claus said. He held me as if I am going to break, and I am so close to believing that any moment now I will.

I tried to hold back the tears, kept myself from sobbing in front of him. I couldn't do anything. I do not have any right to make him stay.

"Til we meet again, Claus", I love you so much, I uttered the last phrase only in my head.

As he let go of my arms I felt my knees wobbling and I fought hard to keep myself standing.

He is really leaving now. As I stare at his back I started sobbing without a sound. He is fading right before my eyes, and it hurts so much.

"Katherine? Couz hey!!! We're gonna land now so you should fasten your seatbelt. Come on!" I snapped back to the present upon hearing Georgina's voice.

"All passengers, please fasten your seatbelt, we are now approaching..." True enough, we are now in Manila. I shrugged off any nostalgia I felt as I sit beside my cousin. Damn, masyado akong lutang para sa isang secret agent!

"You're thinking about him again aren't you?," Georgina sounds concerned.

"Why would I? That was so long ago." I tried to act calm.

"What? You've broken up with Patrick only a week ago." Georgina's suddenly confused with my answer.

"Come on let's get out of the plane or else your fiancé will be mad. You know his patience," trying to divert her attention from my occasional slip up. Goodness Katherine what are you thinking, she doesn't even know about Claus!

"Oh yeah. Gosh I forgot to inform him that our flight was delayed, he must be really mad right now," Georgina panicked.

"What? Oh dear why didn't you call him when they announced the delay?" I just shook my head from what she said, Liam must have called every member of the family again because of worrying so much.

We kept scanning the waiting area for Liam as we walk forward when I suddenly bumped into someone.

"I am so sorry. I was not looking. I'm so sorry," I apologized as I picked up the man's purse.

"It's alright," I felt my body become rigid upon hearing his voice.

"L-lolo Ben?" I almost whispered his name.

"Katherine? Katherine apo ikaw nga ba yan?" lolo Ben is gaping at me like I am a ghost.

"Ako nga po lolo. I am so sorry for bumping into you. Ahmm. Ano po pala ang ginagawa nyo dito?" I politely responded.

"Ahh hija sinusundo ko nga pala si--"

"Katherine let's go! I thought you got lost," I felt relieved as Liam approached me with Georgina.

"Lolo Ben masaya po akong makita kayo ulit pero kailangan na po naming umalis. Mag-iingat po sana kayo." I curiously glanced at the security guards behind him before I hastily walked away from the old man, not minding if I was rude.

"Who was that couz?" Georgina curiously asked.

"Oh just some old friend's grandfather," I said not looking at her face as we rode the car.

I still couldn't believe it. That was lolo Ben, Claus' grandfather. What a coincidence! It made me want to cry. Memories keep flowing in my head while staring outside the window. We stopped by a restaurant to eat before heading home.

I did not notice that I fell asleep until I felt somebody carried me out of the car. And when I opened my eyes I wondered if I am still dreaming of the past.

"Hello Katherine," he smiled at me as he put me down in front of our house.

"Claus." tears rolled down my cheeks upon mentioning his name for some unknown reason.

"You are back sweetheart. So am I."

------------------------------------------------------
A.N. Guys!! Madrama ba masyado? (kung may nagbasa lang naman Hehe) I was supposed to write it in english but then at the last minute I changed my mind thinking of the majority of my target readers. So for the next chapter I will be shifting the main language from english to filipino.

Ok lang po ba yun?

Sana nagustuhan nyo po ang nabasa niyo. Please bear with me since it is my first story. Salamat! 👯

~KazeKeimyou💗