Chapter 9: Empty Arrival

"I miss her already" Beau says as we trudge in the front door. "I know you do, but don't worry she'll be home tomorrow, and at least we have one night to ourselves before the crying starts." "that's true but, I want to crying to start. I want to be woken up to the sound of daughter at the end of our bed, feed her, her bottle at 3am, look into her eyes and see the moon and stars in them, just like I do in yours. I want to bring her into our bed and watch both of ye sleep, just lie with ye, with everything I need in my life."

"Beau, your so sweet" I say walking over and placing a peck on his lips. Beau drags our hospital bags up the stairs and into the bedroom. It was 7pm. "Beau I need a wash, will you run a bath for me please?" "Of course." I unpack my bag and get some things ready for Belles arrival tomorrow. "Your bath is ready babe." "thanks, care to join?" I cheekily smile. "I'll pass, I have something to do, I'll be back in about 20 minutes." Beau says closing the door after him. I get into the bath, wash myself and get out. I dry my hair and throw on some pjs. Moments later, Beau arrived home.

"I just picked up some pizza, popcorn and a movie. And I also dropped into Mum and the boys and well, got this for Belle." Beau showed me a teddy. "I got this when I was born and I want to give it to Belle." Of course!, now c'mon let's watch this movie, what did you get?" "Les mis" "Awww from our first date!" "I know, I know I'm so romantic." We cuddled up on the couch, eating pizza and popcorn watching 'Les Mis', enjoying our last night as children.