Chapter 28- Good Or Bad News??

I pick up my phone. "Hey Lea, could do with a chat if you have a chance." I type and send to Lea. "we need to talk" she replies almost immediately.

"I'm on the way up now." she follows.

The door trudges open and there stood Lea, looking as beautiful as ever. she pulls a seat up next to the bed.

"I want to die Lea, I hate living." I begin to cry.

"I'm sorry Cara, I don't know if I can do this anymore. This has been going on too long and I can't handle it anymore. ever since we were teenagers, you have relied on me to save you and I can't take it anymore, I'm sorry but I'm done." she says guiltily.

I look up at Lea, tears filling my eyes. She wouldn't look at me, she stared at the ground,twiddling her thumbs with her sleeves pulled up around her hands. "Lea?" I ask in a shaky voice. her face was covered in mascara. "I'm leaving Cara. I'm going back home. I'm leaving LA, leaving Luke, leaving you. I'm sorry." she says again as she gets up from the chair and walks from the room, still not meeting my eyes.

She turns one last time, finally meeting my eyes. "Don't do anything stupid Cara." she finishes as she exits the room.

I'm unable to catch my breath between cries, tears streaming down my face. Everybody leaves, soon enough Beau will get sick of me and see me how I see myself. That scares me.

Why do I drive everybody away?

I get out of my hospital bed and walk into the bathroom, locking the door behind me. I stare into the mirror, and see a blank expression staring back at me. I was empty inside. Images flash through my mind. running a blade along my skin. red. pills. graves. darkness. Suddenly I hear a voice outside the door.

"Cara? are you in here? the doctor is waiting for us." Beau was back. "Ya, I'm coming out now." I say, wiping the tears from my face, practising my smile in the mirror. I open the door.

"Hey" I smiled opening the door. "Hi" replies Beau, forcing a smile. "Where's Belle?" I ask worryingly. "There's some difficulty right now, I'm working on it but for now, give me your devices." "What? No, why?" I exclaim,pulling away from Beau as he reaches out for my phone. "I think you should do what he says." adds the doctor as be strolls into the room. "Fine." I stubbornly say, angrily handing my phone to Beau. "Take a seat, the both of you." says the doctor.

I sit up on the bed with my back pressed against the wall. I look over at Beau, resting in the armchair. He glances down at his phone and grins to himself and his eyes lot up. I haven't seen him smile like that in a long time.

"I have good news, you're liver is okay. If you had taken even another one, you probably would have been gone for." "That's great" smiles Beau, but the light in his eyes had faded. "I have more good news." exclaims the doctor.

"You're pregnant."