Chapter 22- Familiar

Still standing in the middle of the forest- like area, thoughts are racing in my mind. Why did the burns on his hands look so familiar to me? Memories come flooding back to me as the others keep walking, calling Marks name. It was pitch black now, all that was visible was the light from the touches and the outline of people's bodies.

Flashes of bad memories pour into my mind and then it hits me. The red burn marks on Craig's hands was from a rope. I remember seeing the burns on his palms before when he tried to kill himself when he was still living with us. That was a traumatic time. The marks must be from tying the rope. But this time it was worse, like he did more with it, as if he was pulling something heavy. Yet there was no ropes in sight, and I never saw those burns when he was in my bedroom, pressed up against me.

"Babe, I think maybe we should get some rest for tonight and leave it up to the police for tonight, it's late." says Beau, startling me from behind. "Sorry, I was in a daydream, What did you say?" I ask turning to Beau. he repeats the question, this time in a weary tone, afraid of my reply. "No, no we have to stay and look for Mark." I reply in an emotionless, dead tone, with my eyes focused on a policeman, whispering something to his colleague, not too far from where I was standing.

"What did you find?" I ask running towards him. "Well he had some sort of burn on his hand." responds the policeman, in a stern tone. "Yes, I saw, I recognised those burns, they're from ropes." "Well they must have been pulled pretty hard."replies the policeman. "Thanks for your help." I say walking away.

I don't know what I will do without my little brother. He's everything to me, we have made it through so much together. I need him not only in my life but in Belle's too. I know deep down inside, he is not safe. I know I need to get to him soon, I just don't know where he is. "I'll try his phone one more time." I shout. "Everyone be quiet and don't move." exclaims Beau. All of a sudden I hear a faint ringing noise in the distance and we all sprint towards the noise, almost as if it was a call for help.