Chapter 8: Bad memories

"Craig? what are you doing here?" I say looking up at the man puzzled at his arrival. "get out now!, I told you I never want to see you again!" I hand Belle over to Beau and march over to Craig. I pull him out of the hospital and fill my lungs with air preparing myself. "Get out of my sight before I call the police, you're not supposed to be here! I have a restraining order! I've never told Beau what you did to me and my family, and now I find out you're his father! I'm in love with the son of a monster! Leave now, and never come back. I never want to see you ever again and stay away from my baby!" "Babe, is.. Is everything o..ok?" Beau says emerging from behind me. "Ya everything's fine, I'll meet you back inside." Beau walks back inside the hospital.

"Just give me a chance to apologise." Craig says. He's always had rat like features. I could never understand what my mother saw in him. I can't look in those devil eyes. Remembering them looking into my soul while torturing me. "No, I don't want to hear it, how are you out of prison?'" "I'm on parole." "Is the legal system that awful now that they leave a man out who beat his girlfriend and stepson and molested his stepdaughter! I'm scarred inside and outside from you! You are a disgusting creature and I feel sick looking at you. Get out of my sight. Now I have to go and tell your son, who you abandoned what happened!, goodbye Craig." I turn and walk inside, tears begin to stream down my cheeks.

I walk into my room where Beau was anxiously waiting for me. Beau jumps up and throws his arms around me. "What happened? How do you know my father?" "Beau, there's something I've never told you, all those counselling sessions I went to wasn't because my dad left us. It was something much bigger. I don't want to bring these memories back." We sit down on the bed. I feel a lump rise in my throat. "When I was 8 and Mark was 4, my mom got a new boyfriend, Craig. For awhile he was great but then he moved in with us and he began to get angry all the time. He started to beat us, all of us and did things to me, things I don't want to talk about. I was so little. My mom never knew because she was always passed out from the beatings. I finally told her and we got Craig locked up. It was an awful time and I never want to remember it again." I look up at Beau. He had red swollen eyes. "I'm so sorry you had to go through that, I'm sorry I didn't know already and i promise I will never ever do anything to hurt you or belle. I love ye, both of ye are my world, I love you."