13; the hill begs to differ

a/n: so I'm writing on the computer right now so I don't know if my chapters are showing up normal or not but that doesn't matter. btw tysm for 1.2k reads. I love how all of you enjoy my sandlot books so much. I finished all my regents and am still under serious punishment but other then that I'm good. I feel like I failed both regents but I wont know until later. I am ready to have a panic attack though. Hope you guys enjoy the chapter. sorry it took so long to update!! lots of love, ash❤❤

Amelia

I smile as I opened the door to Phillips. I was actually really starting to like him. He offered to walk me to the sandlot this morning and watch me play as he tries to build a bond with the boys. We held hands the whole way there until we were in sight of the boys on the field.

"Hey guys!" I shouted out to them and they all turned to me.

"Meil's!!" they shouted before running towards me. My hand was pulled out of Phillips as they swarmed me in a hug. Benny, Ham, Smalls, and Yeah Yeah were watching the scene in front of them. They saw me last night so they didn't bother with the hug.

"Amelia Bavasi!" a booming voice came from behind. The boys let go of me and I turned to see Patty staring at me from across the field. I felt myself shudder at the fact she was here.

"H-hey Patty" I stuttered and I mentally scolded myself for it as she appeared right in front of my fave.

"I need to have a talk with you-"

"Ah ah ah, no swearing. Little ears still" Benny cut her off putting his hands over Tommy's ears. Tommy obviously shoved him off cause he wasn't so little anymore.

"Shut up!" she snapped her shoulders tensing even more. She grabbed the collar of my shirt and pulled me towards her.

"I'm gonna beat the shit out of you for breaking me and Benny up!" she growled right in my face.

"Okay, she wasn't the one who broke us up. I was" Benny said with his hands up in surrender nudging himself between us. Before he fully got between us she shoved me to the ground.

"Woah babe are you okay?" Phillips asked picking me up and Patty's shoulders untensed.

"Wait you mean you and Benny aren't together now?" she asked and I gave her a duh look.

"We have never had that type of relationship and never will" Benny said and she sighed. That stung a bit.

"So you guys don't like each other?" she asked and we both nodded. The hill begs to differ.

"I'm still gonna beat the shit out of you" she tensed up and came at me again but Benny pulled her back.

"What's the point! Get out!" he yelled and she stomped her foot before stomping out of the field. I sighed and let my head fall.

It was officially officially over and I was ready to just sleep. Sleep back my whole year of restless nights and terrible injuries. Patty has brought me close to death multiple times and I can sleep all that worry off.

"Well Im glad that's over" Benny mumbled and I looked up at him before hugging him. Sobs violently escaped my body and even though I was mad at him we were out of this mess and I wouldn't have to be hurting any more. He slowly wrapped his arms around my body and I sighed.

My knees didn't go weak as it normal would and my breathing wasn't irregular and it almost surprised me. I was falling slowly out of love with Benny the Jet Rodriguez and no one was gonna help me fall back.

"I'm gonna head home, Phillips you walk me?" I asked and he nodded as we walked back. Without any words and a light hug I had went into my room. I closed the blinds and locked the door before laying in my bed and falling asleep. The first real rest I have got in a while.

I woke up to knocking on my window and I sighed lifting up from my bed. I turned towards the window and slid the curtains open to see Benny on the other side. I slid up the window and he hopped in before sitting next to me on the bed.

"What time is it?" I asked standing up.

"11:00, I was expecting our night adventure about an hour earlier" he said chuckling and I nodded.

"Okay just give me two seconds" I said and he nodded. I turned my back to him and slipped my shirt up and over my head.

"Have you been sleeping all afternoon?" he asked and I nodded. He's obviously trying to distract himself.

"Okay let's go" I said turning around as I pulled my sweatshirt over my head and he nodded as we walked downstairs. I grabbed my keys and we walked out to my car.

I was a bit surprised we were still doing this. I'm still mad at him and I don't have that strong a feelings anymore but we're still doing our night adventures and I couldn't tell you why.

"I saw the way you looked at her today" I said and he turned and looked at me but I kept my eyes on the road.

"You still look at her like your seeing the sun for the first time and she's holding your future" I said and he sighed.

"How do you know that?" he asked.

"That's how I used to look at you" I mumbled.

"Used to?" he asked and I sighed.

"I'm not so sure any more but one thing that I am sure of is it takes 3 weeks to break a habit and a year and a half later I still love you no matter how hard I try not to" I said and he finally turned away.

He turned away from me. Our friendship, our low key romance, our favorite memories. I couldn't blame him because I didn't realize that night on the hill I turned away from him to.

And that makes all the difference.