24; We did it

a/n: guys this book is coming to an end. next chapter is most likely going to be the epilogue so to all the moments we spent together and cherished let's savor this last chapter of joy, sadness, love, and whatever the hell other feelings you have. I hope this chapter tugs on ur heart strings and makes you feel as happy as it can. I hope all of you loved this book and if you do comment, what was your favorite part or quote. I will tell you my favorite quote in this book in a small memoir after the epilogue. lots of love, ash❤️❤️

"Congratulations to class of 1966!" the principal exclaimed as we all threw our caps in the air. Me, Benny, Bertram, Kenny, and Ham hugged. We were all graduates. We made it.

Once we got off stage we found the other boys and I hugged them all. I was gonna miss them a hell of a lot.

"I would love to stay but I gotta go and see my Grandpa, Benny you coming with?" I asked and he nodded as we ran to the hospital. We were practically speeding and we finally got there.

"We are here to see Bavasi" I said and the nurse looked at me.

"Sorry but no one can visit him" she said.

"What do you mean? I am his granddaughter I just graduated and I would like to see him! Now!" I shouted and the doctor looked over at us.

"It's okay Claire, he's been asking for her all day. What harm could it do now" he said and she nodded.

"Go on back" she said to me and I ran back there. He was paler then usual.

"Hey Grandpa, guess who just graduated" I said and he opened his eyes and smiled at me.

"Aww princess that's so great-" he started but was cut off by a cough.

"The doctor said that if I make it through today that I'm lucky. I just want you to know that I love you and your old enough now that dealing with your dad you will be okay-" he was cut off by another cough before gasping for air.

"Take care of her Benny, I love you Amelia" he said before everything stopped. He stopped breathing and stopped moving. Sobs fell from my mouth and the doctors and nurses pulled us out.

"I'm so sorry for your loss, right now I would go home and pack all your stuff. They will be sending you to your dad by tonight" the doctor said and I nodded tears erupting from my eyes.

"Let's go" Benny said tugging me along and he quickly drove me home. Benny helped me pack and did most of the packing for me as I laid in my bed and had silent sob sessions. Once I got all my stuff and my grandpas stuff I wanted and all the pictures and stuff packed a lady stopped by the door. I looked behind her to see all the boys.

"Hi Miss Bavasi I'm Caroline and I will be escorting you to LA so you can move in with your father" she said and I nodded, Benny and the boys helping me with the boxes and bags. We got everything in the back of the car and trunk before I turned to the boys. We all hugged each other quickly before pulling away.

"I'm gonna miss you guys" I said wrapping my arms around Benny. I needed to hold him longer.

"We will miss you to, for now we will say see you soon" Smalls said and I smiled as the tears continued falling.

"It's gonna be a long time till I see you again" I said to Benny and he nodded.

"That's why we should break up" he said and I nodded.

"I love you" I said and he smiled.

"I love you too" he said before kissing me. We kissed for a while until I finally pulled away.

"See you guys later" I said and slipped into the car. Caroline drove off and I sighed. What a great freaking place.

After about an hour or two we finally pulled up in front of this small blue house next to the you guessed it, LA Dodgers stadium. I haven't been here since my mom died.

My Dad walked out and tried hugging me but I avoided it and grabbed my bags. He helped with all the stuff and so did Caroline as we moved me into my old room. The walls were still light blue and my single bed in the center with toys I left behind scattered around.

"I know you don't like me very much and this arrangement isn't for long but I hope you feel at home" my father said in the doorway and I turned to him the tears falling.

"I love you Dad" I said before running and hugging him. He was tense for a bit before giving in and hugging back.

"I love you too peaches" he said and I smiled. The old nickname hadn't been used in years.

"I'll let you settle in" he said and I nodded as he walked away. I unpacked everything then used the boxes to pack all the old toys and stuff away and I placed it in my closet.

I plopped on the bed looking at the night stand. A picture of my mom and Grandpa sat there next to one of me and all the boys and me and Benny.

I had a lot of fricken Choices to make the past two years and I think I made the right ones for each of them. If I didn't everything would be different. I got my Dad back and Benny. That was all I ever wanted.

I made it through and I'm glad I did. I hope Patty finds a nice guy and Phillips a nice girl. I hope Benny does too. Smalls should accomplish great things and Squints marry Wendy Peffercorn. Ham needs to be the great Hambino everywhere he goes and Kenny the best pitcher. Bertram shall realize who he is and Yeah Yeah find something other to do then hang from ropes and play baseball. Tommy to stop repeating Timmy who needs to use his education to good use.

Benny shall become an all star baseball player and love another girl the way he loved me. That's the only way I will be happy.

Even after all of this his happiness was still mine. How funny is that.

I know all the boys will do great things. I don't have to worry about anything.

We did it after all.