21; I'll be okay

a/n: I'm sick of these back issues. shoot me. anyways hopefully this is a long chapter and it's been a long day. I just want to eat. preferably ramen or cheese. either would be fine. send help. I'm a struggle bus. anyways this chapter hopefully has drama. yayyyyy. Ikr u guys love me so much. no you don't that was sarcasm. you hate me so much for this damn triangle. but oh well. I will do whatever it takes to keep you interested. (back again after this chapter was finished and what the hell did I do?! you guys are gonna be so confused and mad, give me ur comments on how you feel) lots of love, ash❤️❤️

I pushed down the blue fabric as Auden walked into the room. In seconds her hands were over her mouth. I hated wearing dresses and she didn't mind them but I guess for tonight it could do.

"Oh my goodness both boys will be sputtering" she said and I laughed.

"You think so?" I asked and she nodded. She had a pink dress that went a little bit past her knees where as my blue one was right above.

"Are we ready?" I asked after touching up my hair that Auden's mom did and she nodded as we walked downstairs. Her parents cheered as we got to the bottom of the steps. I missed having parents that cared like hers.

"Aww you girls look so cute, have a good night" her mom hugged us and we hugged back and walked out the door. Dave was just pulling up to grab Auden and she turned and smiled at me.

"You sure your okay?" she asked and I nodded.

"I'm going to pick up Smalls and his date. I should be fine" I said hugging her and she nodded as she left and joined Dave. I hopped in my car and pulled up at Smalls place as him and his date Lydia got in the back.

We showed up to the school sooner then I expected and we quickly got out. I didn't want to do tonight. If you asked me at the end of last year I would have been wishing Benny was gonna be my date to this dance and if you asked me at the beginning of this school year I would have assumed me and Phillips were going together. Now I'm not even going with either.

"You okay?" Smalls asked and I sighed and looked at him.

"I'll be okay" I said. It wasn't a very clear answer but that was only because I wasn't sure if I was or when I will be.

"Hi Amelia" Benny and Phillips both said as they appeared in front of me. Smalls hugged me and gave me a reassuring smile before walking away with Lydia.

"Hi" I replied pushing stray strands of hair behind my ears.

"Do you wanna dance?" they both asked then glared at each other.

"You both only get one dance, choose wisely, you got the whole night" I said and they nodded as they walked away a little upset.

"Hey I know your in the middle of all this but would you like to dance?" a voice said as they stood beside me. Jason James. The football star of the school and one of the most sweetest guys in the world and good looking too.

"I don't know JJ" I said. We called him JJ because of Jason James.

"Hey I'm just doing this as a friend. I know this is hard and if you danced with your other guy friends all they would do is talk to you about it. Tonight you and me can just dance and have fun. No Phillips, no Benny" he said and I smiled.

"Okay" I said and he smiled and took my hand as he dragged me across the gym floor. The music was blasting from the live band and I smiled.

"This is great" I yelled over the music and he grabbed my hand and spun me around and up and over his shoulder. I haven't been able to dance so care free in a while.

"I'm glad your having fun. My girlfriend dumped me right before the dance and I just needed to forget about her like you need to forget about your love issues" he said and I smiled.

"That's sweet and I'm so sorry that happened" I said and he shrugged.

"It's all good, I knew she wasn't the one anyway" he said and I smiled and nodded.

"You know I would love to dance the night away with you but I did promise the boys each a dance and I will probably have to dance with all my friends too" I said and he nodded.

"Well once that's over with I will be waiting" he said and I nodded as I walked away. I danced with all the boys and finally Phillips approached me.

"Can we have this dance?" he asked and I nodded. It was a slow song and of course he made that his pick. He put his hands on my waist and I placed mine around his neck and laid my head on top of his shoulder.

"I saw you dancing with JJ" he said and I nodded.

"You know if you chose him over me and Benny we wouldn't mind" he mumbled and I shook my head.

"One thing I do know is I don't feel that way about him" I said and he nodded as we continued to dance.

"I'm just tired of hurting, did you ever love me the whole time or was I just a cover up because of your feelings for him" he said and I pulled my head off of his shoulder and looked at him.

"You were never a cover up, I always liked you. The whole time we were together" I said shaking my head at him.

"I'm sure" he said pulling away from me and the song ended and the lights flickered lightly and he shook his head at me.

"Figure this out so I can get a head start on making myself happy again" he said and I walked away. Silent tears fell down my face and I sighed.

"I know you seem a little bit upset but I haven't received a dance yet" Benny said showing up beside me. I nodded as he took my hands and placed them on his shoulders for me as he held my waist.

"Are you okay?" he asked and I looked at him feeling so vulnerable.

"I don't know anymore" I said shaking my head and looking down.

"Amelia, whatever you choose won't affect me. As long as your happy I can learn to be happy to. Take as long as you want to figure this mess out also. I want you to do what you feel is right at the moment you know it's right, I'll be okay until then and after" he said as I slowly looked up at him.

Benny came over and checked to see how I was and to make sure that I wouldn't feel bad about this situation. Phillips came over and reminded me about his feelings and how I should make him feel better not even acknowledging how I feel. I needed a reminder that I would be okay and maybe that's why I did what I did next.

Before I knew it the hands on his shoulders laced together behind his neck and pulled his height down to mine before kissing him. I haven't felt his kiss in so long. I missed it so much and having it with me again made my stomach ache.

Like I said, I'll be okay.