Smiles In The Dark (Lip)

Imagine....

You sat outside of your shit hole of a house, breathing in the night air as everything finally went silent from within the pits of hell, allowing you to finally hear your own thoughts

Your amazing mother decided to show back up and just destroy the peace you and your father had finally achieved after years of trying to get away from her.

When you were just the age of 4, she decided to become some crack head and leave your dad with all the responsibilities. And he didn't want to leave her.

But he did it for you, for your safety. So here you are now at the age of 17, almost a free woman. And you've already got it all figured out.

You're finishing high school. Then you're off to college for a bit. Your dad of course already knows. And he was so proud.

So that's a plus.

"Hey. Why do you look like your best friend was just killed? Because I promise I'm right here, alive and breathing."

You looked down below the stairs to see Lip standing there with his normal cig in his hand, grinning up at you as you slightly smiled, shaking your head.

"My moms back....."

He stopped mid smoke at your words as his eyes traveled to the window of your house, then back to you, shaking his head in frustration.

"She's just like Monica. Comes back whenever she fucking feels like it, only to ruin your life some more...."

You shook your head in agreement as Lip descended the stairs, sitting next to you as his gaze traveled down to your face, nudging you slightly as your sad look appeared once more.

"Hey. It's going to be okay. She'll leave again. And you won't have to worry about it. And the upside? We'll both be out of here soon. Party central for us."

You slowly looked up at him to see a goofy smile on his face, Instantly making you laugh as he grinned from the sound, blowing out some smoke as he tightly wrapped his arm around you, comforting you.

"I swear Gallagher. What would I do without you...?"

He simply shrugged as you rolled your eyes, laying your head on his shoulder as you felt so much better.

Gallagher's tend to do that....