Us Day |52|

King Laurent

Larry and I headed to an old favorite spot of ours, the fields. We called it the fields because of the greenery stretched all the way back, to the edge of Parisih.

Larry and I took a seat under an huge oak that rested deep set in the middle of the fields

Larry and I took a seat under an huge oak that rested deep set in the middle of the fields. I leaned against the old tree and closed my eyes.

King Larry: "So what do you plan on doing with Jasmine? She's right for you bro but she's still immature in the ways of love. She wouldn't know how to be what you desire." Larry didn't say it in a mean way, more of a concerned way.

King Laurent: "I plan on her staying right here being my Queen. I know that she's not ready for all that but I will teach her. She is already what I desire brother." Larry sighed and played with a blade of grass.

King Larry: "What if she continues to run? How long before you tire of chasing my brother? How long can the Queens position be empty? It's already bad enough I haven't had a Queen in years. I'm not pressuring you, we can rule just fine on our own but how long will you fight for someone who isn't willing to stay?" I looked at Larry and my eyes narrowed a little. Since when was he against Jasmine and I?

King Laurent: "The way you speak my brother makes me think you do not want me and Jasmine together." , Larry inhaled and exhaled, a slow drag of air as he stared up at the sky.

King Larry: "It's not that Laurent. It's more of I don't want to watch your life become even more complicated. I know you Laurent. You will be so madly deeply "in love" then once the excitement wears out, you no longer care. I don't want you or Jasmine being hurt by this. Kings can never be pawns."

So much sadness was in my twins voice. He didn't want to say those words yet he did. Letting me know that the Kyanna event hurt him so much more than he was letting on. I placed my hand on Larrys shoulder and softly squeezed.

King Laurent: "I'm sorry about Kyanna Larry. I didn't know the girl but I know you cared about her. We will hold a grand festival in her name and we will bury her in the Royal Cemetery. I will be by your side brother. I have been so distracted by Candice and Jasmine that I forgot the one who was always there. Forgive me." Larry said nothing, just leaned his head on my shoulder, silent tears falling.

King Larry: "Thank you Lau. She was so warm, like the Suns glow. I spoke with her siblings and they adored her. Do you know they called her mom? She was their world. How do I tell them that she's gone?"

King Laurent: "Do you want me to? If it's to much for you right now, I will." , Larrys eyebrows scrunched down and his lips pulled into a frown.

King Larry: "No, I will do it. But you will come with me right? I don't know if I can face them alone."

King Laurent: "Of course. Your pain is my pain, your burden is my burden. Remember my brother, we are two yet one, now no more depression. Let's enjoy the day yes?" My twins smile brought new life to my world and I promised myself to never let him experience pain alone again.

Larry and I played like children again. Running through the fields and climbing up the old oak, two brothers just embracing life again. I rejoiced and basked in my twins joy. His laughter was so carefree and void of all the recent hurt. As I tackled Larry to the ground and we wrestled, a laugh to the side caught our attention. Our mother stood there, her simple yellow sundress flowing with the win and a smile gracing her face.

Lidia: "You boys mind an old woman's presence?" Larry grinned and I ran to her, scooping my mom up in my arms.

King Laurent: "Of course not maman, you are always welcomed with us."

A few hours passed and we all laid on the grass, watching the stars. Larry laid on our moms left side and I on her right. Her hands gently stroked our hair.

Lidia: "No matter what happens, you men will always be my little boys. I don't care how mighty you grow."

King Laurent: "No matter what, we will be your sons before we are your Kings. You know that maman."

Lidia: "haha, of course my loves. Shall we go back to the castle and get something to eat?"

King Larry & Laurent: "Oh yes!"

We went back to the castle, joy just radiating from our auras. We ate dinner accompanied by Candice and a few others, whom we paid no attention to as we stuffed our faces with ice cream. Candice looked so abandoned but for the first time, I didn't care. The one known as Mazzi just ate happily. I was irked that Jasmine's so called lover was at my table yet she was no where to be found.

King Laurent: "You boy! What's your name?" The man looked around, and I nodded my head when he gestured towards himself. I knew his name but I was slightly petty at the moment.

Mazzi: "It is Mazzi your Highness."

King Laurent: "And why exactly did you come here? Was it to chase after Jasmine?" Mazzi eyes clouded with confusion and he slowly shook his head no.

Mazzi: "Not completely. I came here because I heard that Diablo made his home here. I wish to learn from him. He is my inspiration." Diablo? Larry looked at me and mouthed out "our Diablo?" There was no other, it had to be. I smirked.

King Laurent: "I will bring you to Diablo to learn in guessing dancing from him. All you have to do is leave Jasmine alone." I can hear my mom sigh and Larry smacked his teeth. I didn't fail to notice Candice's wounded look on her face but none of it mattered. Larry was right, I did eventually get tired of the chase and unlike a regular man, I couldn't follow wherever Jasmine's fleeting heart took her. That's why I needed to be the only man after her and to keep her here in Parisih. Mazzi was so deeply lost in his own mind that I decided to be kind.

King Laurent: "How about this. You think on it tonight. Just remember this as you think, that if needed, I will simply order you to leave her alone." Mazzi hung his head and simply agreed to think it over.

After dinner, I lumbered over to Jasmine's room and opened the door. She laid in bed, curled under the blankets in a fetal position. I went over to her side and sat down, removing her curls gently from her face. Her face was slightly red and her eyes seemed puffy even closed. She cried herself to sleep? Did I hurt her so? I stripped out of my clothing and went to take a quick shower. After dressing in only a pair of boxers, I joined Jasmine under the covers and took advantage of her sleeping.

I pulled her gently into my arms and kissed her lips gently, whispering to her softly.

King Laurent: "Please do not run Jasmine. Don't hide from me and don't push me away love. I don't wish to be free so please, do not open the cage. Love me as I love you. Stay with me..."

I cradled her head into the crook of my neck and held her, hoping in the morning she would not be angry.

End Chapter